Hi From South Northants

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stenik

Newby to the world of woodturning
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Been lurking in the shadows for a while now and thought I'd come into the light and say hi.
Really new to woodturning but been bitten by the bug. All I can say is YouTube is my best friend at the moment and many an hour spent watching Colwin and Jason do their thing šŸ¤£.
Always in need of advice and what a nice bunch you all are.
Steve

Hi Steve & welcome ! I'm also a woodturner and live in Northampton - we're lucky to have 3 really good woodturning clubs in the area - Tudor Rose (Daventry), West Northants (Weedon) and Silver Fox (Wellingborough) ...

Hi CMoops and thanks for the welcome. I am looking into visiting the West Northants group soon but just had a knee replacement so can't drive at the moment. I've seen their webpage and looking forward to popping round there.

Where exactly in South Northants? We lived for a few years in Westbury and younger daughter was born in the wonderful Brackley cottage hospital. Which has no doubt been closed by now as uneconomic. There was a plane-blade maker in Westbury, but can't remember his name; got one of his blades which he sold me with a warning that it's so hard it will be a pig to sharpen. He didn't exaggerate.

Where exactly in South Northants? We lived for a few years in Westbury and younger daughter was born in the wonderful Brackley cottage hospital. Which has no doubt been closed by now as uneconomic. There was a plane-blade maker in Westbury, but can't remember his name; got one of his blades which he sold me with a warning that it's so hard it will be a pig to sharpen. He didn't exaggerate.
Hi,
We're in Farthinghoe, Only been here for a couple yes, moved to be closer to the in-laws. Yep Hospital has gone but a new healthy centre has been built instead. Brackley is getting bigger, just a shame the the sawmills has gone and a new housing estate in its place

Latest posts

Back