Hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annmarie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just a quick hello from South Wales and looking for some advice. We have inherited quite a collection of power tools and know nothing about them 🙈 most of which have been purchased and never used. Don't even know if we have all the bits for them all we know is when plugged in and switched on they make noises and bits move which I'm assuming is a good thing 🤣 though someone on here could shed some light on them and possibly value

Thanks Annmarie

Attachments

• 1658664814115815580637005184082.jpg
    1658664814115815580637005184082.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 16586648395325629061807751633634.jpg
    16586648395325629061807751633634.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1658664884748826524451819055883.jpg
    1658664884748826524451819055883.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 16586649048728723821869586640553.jpg
    16586649048728723821869586640553.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 16586649782316440858661452885774.jpg
    16586649782316440858661452885774.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 16586649965513057551285617788307.jpg
    16586649965513057551285617788307.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 0
You have an original elu 177 router - a very easy sell as they are no longer made but are still sought after,, some type of welder and a band saw. All look in very good condition or possibly never used. There are probably many members on this forum that would be interested but as a new member you won’t be able to advertise them on this site yet -if you’re planning to start your own workshop then you have a head start- a great inheritance.👍👍

You have an original elu 177 router - a very easy sell as they are no longer made but are still sought after,, some type of welder and a band saw. All look in very good condition or possibly never used. There are probably many members on this forum that would be interested but as a new member you won’t be able to advertise them on this site yet -if you’re planning to start your own workshop then you have a head start- a great inheritance.👍👍
Thank you, I did notice there's no advertising for new members, but just wanted to know what they are really, I have no idea what they are, so no clue on how to use them 🙈🤣 maybe some YouTube videos might help. Thanks again

Just be very careful and don’t rely on utube as safety standards in other countries can vary . The router for eg is extremely powerful and can do serious damage if used incorrectly, the band saw will most likely need setting up correctly and will happily slice through fingers with little or no effort. The same advice for any other tools you have ( if it has a plug on it then don’t use it until you know how to . You would benefit from someone with experience of these tools/ machines showing you what to do and more importantly what not to do . If there is a tablesaw included then this is by far the most dangerous tool in many workshops and in inexperienced hands can be deadly. With that said it’s a brilliant hobby to get into if that’s what you intend to do . Safety 1st always.

Just be very careful and don’t rely on utube as safety standards in other countries can vary . The router for eg is extremely powerful and can do serious damage if used incorrectly, the band saw will most likely need setting up correctly and will happily slice through fingers with little or no effort. The same advice for any other tools you have ( if it has a plug on it then don’t use it until you know how to . You would benefit from someone with experience of these tools/ machines showing you what to do and more importantly what not to do . If there is a tablesaw included then this is by far the most dangerous tool in many workshops and in inexperienced hands can be deadly. With that said it’s a brilliant hobby to get into if that’s what you intend to do . Safety 1st always.
Couldn't agree more with safety first, the YouTube videos will show me more what I need to use them for. I do now own an orbital sander and know how to use that, so think I'll start with giving my current furniture a bit of a make over. The rest of it will definitely take some time, knowing the machine operation and everything, I'm not going to jump straight in, I like my fingers and hands.

1. Router - slots and cut outs in wood
2. Power planer - remove wood in strips
3. Dust extractor hood and hose - portable and on a stand. Needs some sort of power extractor ( Vacuum; I am currently using a Henry hoover )
4. MiG welder - joining pieces of metal
5. Scroll saw - used to cut patterns in wood and shape wood
6. Band saw - used to cut patterns in wood, shape wood and saw wood into strips

If you check the parts numbers online you should see what they are used for as there are usually lots of reviews/unboxing ( I can't see the point of unboxing video's ). If not for your actual tool other similar ones should be displayed.

Dust control is important and I assume the orbital sander has a dust port. If no extraction use in a well "ventilated area". I don't know what the actual definition of "ventilated area" is. It could be anything from opening a window to working outside!

Or use a mask - I never did either and am using more PPE but it is probably too late now:(

Hi everyone, just a quick hello from South Wales and looking for some advice. We have inherited quite a collection of power tools and know nothing about them 🙈 most of which have been purchased and never used. Don't even know if we have all the bits for them all we know is when plugged in and switched on they make noises and bits move which I'm assuming is a good thing 🤣 though someone on here could shed some light on them and possibly value

Thanks Annmarie
If you read the Identification Plates/Labels and Put the Manufacturer's Name & Model Number into a Google search box -> Click Enter - You will discover the retail prices of the items which are still for sale.
If you do the same on eebay, you can find various asking prices for all of them, including the obsolete ones.

Dust control is important and I assume the orbital sander has a dust port. If no extraction use in a well "ventilated area". I don't know what the actual definition of "ventilated area" is. It could be anything from opening a window to working outside!

Or use a mask - I never did either and am using more PPE but it is probably too late now:(
I don't see an orbital sander.

1. Router - slots and cut outs in wood
2. Power planer - remove wood in strips
3. Dust extractor hood and hose - portable and on a stand. Needs some sort of power extractor ( Vacuum; I am currently using a Henry hoover )
4. MiG welder - joining pieces of metal
5. Scroll saw - used to cut patterns in wood and shape wood
6. Band saw - used to cut patterns in wood, shape wood and saw wood into strips

If you check the parts numbers online you should see what they are used for as there are usually lots of reviews/unboxing ( I can't see the point of unboxing video's ). If not for your actual tool other similar ones should be displayed.
There's no table on the bandsaw.

I do have the table, but not attached, need to work out how to do that, I am a complete novice, also no saw on there yet and the stand is still in the box
If you are willing to think "Out of The Box(es)" the very best way to Capitalise on your Inheritance would be to ask your local jobcentre to send you on a Joinery course ( at the expense of gov.uk )
Selling tools is usually unwise.....But using them can be quite lucrative for people who have the imagination, tenacity & patience to use them carefully.

Back