Hi and some help needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Karacsonyi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum, so please be gentle. Firstly I am a Brit, who lives in Budapest - Hungary, so anyone coming over please give me a wave. I have been living here for 15 years, married to one of the locals.

I have my own workshop, which is still in renovation after 4 years, and generally churn out furniture, from Oak, Walnut or Cherry. Sometimes Pine.

I need some assistance here in the form of a router issue (I have prior searched the forum on this topic).

It appears my 4 year old TRA001 has experienced speed control issue, after a 2 year gap, where the same issue was fixed 2 years ago within warranty. A good clean out, is to no avail.

Do I go for the replacement part, I can buy from Triton Router spares online. Or replace it with another make any recommendations anyone. It is permanently mounted in a table. Surprisingly the Bosch 1200AE which is 6 years old, used and abused for hand held work, is still going strong.

Regards,

Mark Nicholls-Karacsonyi.

Workout the cost of repairing it to a new one and if repairing it is say a quarter/third of the price i would tend to go that way,Any more than that get new.

Welcome. Do you actually need the speed control?
If the router works fine otherwise, i would just carry on as I have never needed to change speeds on mine.

If this is the second time the exact same issue has come up on that one device in that time span, I'd put my money into a new router with a refreshed warranty personally.

I would add that I have seen several issues with Triton speed control being fixed simply by re-crimping the connectors to the speed control circuit. I have an 001 in one of my tables, the speed control is a potted box under the cover (you will know what I mean), there are several terminals that are connected to the internal wiring via spade connections. Give them a bit of of a further crimp so they are definitely making a connection - if that makes sense?

Thanks all. Will try to re crimp. Personally I would bypass the control, however it negates the soft start function.

Back