Helpful Police

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
It's 1.25am and I've just got home after a party.
Said party was at Trent Bridge, right next door to the cricket. When we arrived (I was taxi for 3 others), I tried to find somewhere to park and asked two local policemen who were on the beat. Yes I know, I should have been suspicious. I wonder how bad they have been to be put out on the beat?. And remind me where Notts Constabulary is in the rankings? Ah, yes, I remember, right at the bottom.
Anyway, they said I could park OK in the car park by the cricket club, "The top area is for the pub, Sir". So I did, only to find it all padlocked up when we came out.
So we've had to cadge a lift home, I feel stupid in front of my friends and my car is 20-odd miles away.
I just hope I can retrieve it OK tomorrow.
Grrrrr!

All part of the Christmas anti drink-drive campaign I guess.

Roy.

Just got it home.
One of my passengers picked me up this morning and took me back to Trent Bridge. I didn't know what to expect - angry security guard, clamp, car gone - but in fact the gate was open and a sign saying "Football Parking £5". I though that if that was all it was going to cost me I was getting off lightly. As I got into my car a Security Guard appeared, so I stopped.

"I bet you are mad at me aren't you"
"No not at all. I'm glad you are going now though, rather than later"
"Oh! Thanks. If I told you why I was parked here you wouldn't believe me". But I told him anyway.
"No worries. You are best leaving it if you've had a few drinks".

Well I'd had only one pint all evening, but never mind. (The House beer is absolutely excellent).

So he was cool about it, and there was no charge.

So I tootled off home, but they've changed the road layout from what I remember and I think I drove through a No Motor Vehicles area by mistake, I seemed to be surrounded by only buses, so I might get a ticket for that. Nottingham has cameras on its cameras. Ah well, at least I'm not nostalgic for Nottingham! I rather like becoming a Northerner.

All's well that ends well, eh?
S

Back