help with a router set

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBoyd

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making some doors (internal for the house) and I want to do them on the router table.

Now Axminster have this set for sash windows from CMT, which they claim can be used for doors up to 35mm thick

It's just that I've been staring at the picture now and I cannot see how the rail and stile fit together
855801_xl.jpg

Can anyone help me with my duh moment ??

Is it I have to cut mortices separately?

It looks like its giving you the option of having a 6mm through mortice and tenon . So yes you will have to cut the mortice holes yourself .

Hi Andy

JFC is right ( :shock: :wink: ) you have to cut the mortice yourself but you will find the CMT cutters very nice to use as I have the same set :)

I have just had a quick look in the Axminster catalogue and you have to router your stiles from both sides so you end up with a 13mm tenon, if I have it right :)

Colin C":32zurjo2 said:
I have just had a quick look in the Axminster catalogue and you have to router your stiles from both sides so you end up with a 13mm tenon, if I have it right :)

That makes more sense to me, Colin

Colin, the 13mm they refer to is the rebate side:

16mm for the moulding profile
6mm for the tennon
13mm for the rebate

35mm total

This type of cutter will mean you have a very small glazing bead as by the time you have deducted the 6.4mm for laminated glass there is not much left, OK if you were using putty but not ideal for internal doors.

Jason

Back