help with a cot design

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.manon804

Reaction score
i was hoping for some help on ideas for a cot, im bored of all the usual store bought ones so i thought i would make a cot for upcoming child number 3! very excited and having he/she sleep in a cot crafted by his/her dad is just gonna feel so nice, ultimate parental protection i feel, 24 hours a day!!
anyone seen anything good recently? or made anything that may inspire me?
before you start sending me complicated technological stuff... im a pencil and paper kinda guy, not even really familiar with a ruler... all very stuff my deisgn process!

You get some spectacular period cots (cradles - wots the difference?) in Wallace Nutting "Furniture Treasury". Amazon, or Abe books. I just bought one for 67p plus post from USA, total £5.18.
It's very common in USA hence cheap second hand.
Could photo a few pages if you are interested.

Dont bother making a rocking crib they grow out of it very quickly!! 6 months if your luck!y make a sleigh cot bed they can use it from newborn to toddler and use it as a sofa when they have out grown the bed

xy mosian":1162kq71 said:
Never made a cot. Made a rocking crib, once. Please check you can get a mattress to fit before you cut wood :oops:

xy

There is a place in Leeds that can order you any size mattress if necessary- they mentioned it when we bought some stuff. I am not sure if they do mail order, but could find you the details of needs be.

If they do them, then other places must too.

Back