Help. Where can I get these hinges?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Chapman

Established Member
Reaction score
A nephew of mine has a wardrobe which was bought from MFI (now closed down). Two of the concealed hinges were unfortunately lost in a house move. The wardrobe is fitted with a face frame and the hinges are unusual in that the mounting plate fits on the rear surface of the face frame. Here are a couple of pictures of the hinge with the mounting plate fitted. The first one shows the hinge closed

Warrenhinge1.jpg

This picture shows it open

Warrenhinge2.jpg

The hinge is marked "Heinze 3905 52".

I've searched the internet for ages but can't find a similar hinge. Any ideas :? :?

If necessary I could modify the face frame and fit a more conventional face frame hinge but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Hi Paul

Do they have to be identical , places like B/Q , Screw-fix all stock these type hinges for kitchen cabs , cupboards etc .hc

343.80.720P1.JPEG

343.80.720D1.gif

Hafele list this one as a 92deg face-frame hinge. Would that be suitable? ANy decent ironmonger/kitchen supplier will have a hafele account.

Cheers
Steve

I wouldn't say so, Dave. That one is for a corner cupboard, 45 or 30 deg, and there is no face frame. I think the geometry would be wrong.
S

Steve Maskery":je6aul28 said:
I wouldn't say so, Dave. That one is for a corner cupboard, 45 or 30 deg, and there is no face frame. I think the geometry would be wrong.
S

You're quite right Steve. I'm never much good at these things unless I've got the two parts in my hand.

Dave

Paul, looking again are your hinges for lay-on doors, the ones I linked to are for inset.

Jason

jasonB":185njbhx said:
Paul, looking again are your hinges for lay-on doors, the ones I linked to are for inset.

Yes, they are inset. Just need to check on the width of the face frame at the back. If they won't fit, I'll just screw a couple of blocks of wood to the back of the face frame and use cranked arm hinges that are normally used for inset doors.

Many thanks for your help.

Paul

Hi,

I've been reading through the posts on here for a while and picked up some good tips so I guess it's time I join in.

A hinge exactly the same as the one in the picture is available from Hettich.
See www.hettich.com/uk
choose option 3 Hinges & Flap Fittings from menu,
click on catalogue browser and go to page 3.1.166
the hinge is a Perfekt 5734 W90

Hettich and Hafele catalogues are my normal bedtime reading, much to my girlfriends dispair!

Phil.

Philton":6kuybvo6 said:
Hi,

I've been reading through the posts on here for a while and picked up some good tips so I guess it's time I join in.

See www.hettich.com/uk
choose option 3 Hinges & Flap Fittings from menu,
click on catalogue browser and go to page 3.1.166
the hinge is a Perfekt 5734 W90

Hettich and Hafele catalogues are my normal bedtime reading, much to my girlfriends dispair!

Phil.
quoted just to get you past the spam trap... though I do know the feeling about the blum, hafele etc catalogues :)

Philton":rlphvf7q said:

Hi Phil,

Yes, that's exactly the one - many thanks :D

What's the deal when ordering from Hettich - don't they only deal with trade customers who have an account :?

Paul

Hi Paul

These guys are really helpful for Hafele (and I'm fairly sure they do Hettich stuff too). I have used them before, they pretty much just take loads of small orders from multiple customers, then order in bulk using their own account, then post out the individual parts to each person when the bulk order arrives.

I have used them on a number of occasions and they are very good.

HTH

Back