HELP TO MAKE SOMETHING PLEASE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok see the problem I have made a few of these for dewalt saws and the bearing is fitted FLAT so the blade runs on the surface behind the blade. another pair of bearings on a cam for adjustment of blade width is fitted below it so three bearings in total. That prevents any blade twist. and works for me.
A single bearing on the end of a spindle fitted in the vacant hole could sort it as the rest can be moved back for a narrow blade.

Thanks. That DeWalt job sounds like the latest blade guides rather than the older block ones, with a thrust bearing at the back.

The vacant hole is where the thrust bearing usually sits and I removed it for the photograph. The other 'hole' on the left holds the whole upper guides and my thinking was that if all guides were removed, the left hole could house a spindle with an offset to be directly behind the blade. There would need to be enough adjustment to ensure the groved bearing could be centered and moved forward by 1/8" to 1/4" to tension the blade sufficiently to ensure it does not pop out easily when the blade is 'cornering'. This would only be for blades of 1/4" to 1/8", so the grove depth needs to be shallow enough not to damage the teeth of the blade.

Also the distance from the blad to the block holding the spindle (hole 15mm) is shown here.
IMG_0974 R.jpg
IMG_0975 R.jpg

Is this something you may be able to do?

Alex

Attachments

• IMG_0974 R.jpg
    IMG_0974 R.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,212
  • IMG_0975 R.jpg
    IMG_0975 R.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,212
Back