Help required by a kind soul

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokentechie

Reaction score
Hi all,

If there's anyone here that knows lathes and is familiar with a selling site, similar to "sticky branch" (sorry for the terrible pun, not sure if I'll get in trouble for mentioning said site) there's an axminster lathe available in Bristol with some tools for £450.

I'd like to know if it's good value in your learned opinions?

Thanks if you can help

BT

I assume you're referring to Gum Tree! It might help if you specify the model, condition and the tools in question since Axy sell a whole range of lathes and indeed tools, all with a range of price tags that are thousands apart.

looks a bit pricey to me. I sold a lathe similar to that a while back for £200 with a chuck.

Random Orbital Bob":1wi5ikhe said:
I assume you're referring to Gum Tree! It might help if you specify the model, condition and the tools in question since Axy sell a whole range of lathes and indeed tools, all with a range of price tags that are thousands apart.
Sadly the details just aren't there. It has some Ashley iles (sic) chisels, the head swivels and it has a bowl turning attachment to use with the swivel.

I think I'll pass, there does seem to be a lot of tut out there being over charged for at the moment

I have a similar lathe for sale if you are still interested.
For Sale:
Delta 46-255 wood lathe [Same lathe as Axminster AWVSL900, Jet JWL-1236 and several others but with Delta branding]
6” and 3” Faceplates
Supernova Scroll Chuck with 2” Jaws
Dakota XT700 precision scroll chuck with 45mm dovetail jaws
4 prong MT2 Drive Centre
Screw Chuck and drive centre to fit chucks
4 Tool Rests
Low Cost starter set of chisels.

You can see pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ti29ucing53mijl/AAC_fyc_JG2NtXitdrvlXIHEa?dl=0

I would like to get £300.

I am based in Swansea, so not too far from you.

Let me know if you are interested and I am happy to answer any questions by PM if you want.

Back