Help needed with hand held circular saw and blade please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I got a CMT 184mm think kerf blade from Axminster to fit on my Hitachi C7u2. I've encountered 1, maybe 2 problems :cry:

1. I fitted the blade and started a cut, then the blade stopped, whilst the spindle continued to spin. I removed the blade retaining bolt and plate to discover the 'collar' that sits inside the saw blades bore is slightly higher than the surface of the blade. This is preventing the retaining plate being tightened enough to stop the blade sipping.

2. I'm not sure if this will be a problem yet as it corresponds to problem 1. I think the riving knife may be too thick, but I can't be sure yet until I've cut an adequate distance (blade slip only after 1/2" of cut) to see if this a problem. If it is, can thinner riving knives be purchased or can the knife be skimmed down with some grinding or heavy duty sanding?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

A belt sander should sort out the riving knife and also the reducing bush. Best to use a bit of superglue to stick the bush to some scrap or you will have very short fingernails :wink:

Jason

Thanks Jason,

The only belt sander I've got is my dad's portable. Did the trick on reducing the bush. Only took a little of sanding and no blade slip now :D Started on the riving knife before and got most of it done. It's still a tad too thick near the top but the sanding belt was pretty knackered to start off so couldn't finish yet.

Thanks again

When you put the knife back on hold a straight edge against th eteeth either side of the blade and make sure th eknife is not off to one side or you will have a saw that wants to go left or right.

Jason

Back