Help - my chainsaw won't start

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I put the saw in for service on Monday I was told 2 - 3 days unless it needed parts not in stock so having heard nothing yesterday afternoon I 'phoned to be told "it was on the list and hadn't yet bneen looked at". I was not amused and told them I'd collect and take it to somebody else. So called in at a hire shop where I know the guys and within 5 minutes it was running. :roll: 1st thing he did was put in a new plug and that was it #-o What a plonker :oops: is the phrase that comes to mind and as Dangermouse said
My guess would be a faulty plug, had a few in my time that worked fine tested out of the cylinder, as soon they were in the head started playing up.
He confirmed that testing outside the cylinder isn't conclusive. He gave it the once over and adjusted all the setting as well and charged me a tenner all in so got off lightly as the other service centre would have charged me an arm and a leg.

I had ordered a plug off the internet but hasn't arrived yet and I used the saw this morning and it's running beautifully. Thanks to all for the various suggestions and help,................ and to the guys who said "sparkplug" =D> =D> =D>

Now my next question....... I've saved at least £50 in repair costs so what tool can I spend it on? :lol: :lol:

Bob

As a rider of 2 strokes in the 70s I always carried a spare plug in my pocket, 'just in case'. Strange how they do just go sometimes.

Well I am pleased you got it sorted.

Spend your savings on something with the initials LN. :D

Mick

Back