Help from someone in the US to redirect a parcel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
My other hobby is beekeeping....

.....and one of the items of equipment I use is a smoker. My current one is falling to bits and I need to replace it. With smokers, bigger is better as trying to keep smouldering fires going in a compact space doesn't work very well.

The biggest on the market is supplied by a company called Dadant in the States, and the item is only $38. However they want $93 to post it which seems really excessive.

Would anyone in the States be prepared to recieve such an item on my behalf and then post it on to me here in the UK?

It's not urgent, and the cheapest postal method would be my preference!

The thing I'm trying to buy is here:

https://www.dadant.com/catalog/product_ ... ucts_id=46

M009281l.jpg

I could buy it and get it delivered to a US address, and forward funds via Paypal or by cheque for the cost of postage either before or after the items is sent.

Thankyou in advance....

Adam

The problem could be the size?

If you look at www.usps.com (the US Post Office) the cheapest rate is $37 for something weighing 4 lbs plus 8 oz for packaging, but that's for a flat rate box and I know that those boxes are not very big - about the size of one volume of Encyclopaedia Brittanica. My guess is your supplier has quoted a DHL or FedEx rate. Ask them if they can ship USPS flat rate airmail.

I've found a way to sort this out now, so thanks to all anyway.

Adam

Mike.C":kb08ssyj said:
Adam if you cannot find anyone to do it, why not try this sort of company?

http://www.myus.com/

I have no idea what they are like, but it might be worth looking into.

Cheers

Mike

Or get a quote from fedex (online) they delivered my recent purchase fro the USA for $53 roughly the sams size and weight.

Back