Help finding brass

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich.h

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't recall where I saw these things but the idea has stuck in my head. I am considering making up some wooden light switches, with the possibility of extending the idea to other socket types also.

The base design is simple enough of a square with a bevel edge, and depending on the wiring behind it may or may not need to have a recessed area behind. Had a look around online and a few firms do some nice models with brass or brass effects. Some had the more typical push switch type you see on most walls with others having an older style where the switch part is a rounded knob on a small stalk. Both were appealing enough yet both were rather pricey for what they were.

Due to my business I have trade accounts with several electrical wholesale firms and so can easily source the actual electrical insides. This only leaves the physical switch sections. I really want to avoid using white plastic from a cheap contract type switch as the combination looks horrible.

Does anyone know where you can buy either brass effect flat switches or the rounded stalk type?

Latest posts

Back