help and advice needed for research please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binman

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm not sure if I have posted in the correct part of the forum so I apologise to all in advance if I have not

I came across a tool at a car boot sale recently and, not knowing exactly what it was but it looked interesting and was in rather good condition, I bought it.

A lot of head scratching later and loads of coffee while Googleing have identified it from here

as an Arcoy rabbetter although mine is green in colour and fitted with a combination saw blade. It would appear the grooving washers are missing.

Can anybody help me to identify the item further and date it? Instructions for its use would be extremely useful if anyone has them - trial and error can sometimes be dangerous!!
And lastly if anyone can hazard a guess at a realistic price that would be useful too although I will state quite categorically that it is NOT for sale

best regards
binman

Thanks for that Kevin and please accept my apologies

Must admit I got a bit worried when the post came up "report to moderator" and the old bald spot got scratched as to what I had done wrong.

I wasn't aware that links might cause problems having thought that a picture paints a thousand words and if I can help you to help me.....

Hopefully the guys can come up with the goods :)

binman

No problem binman, once you've made a few posts
you will be o.k. :wink:
Sorry i can't help, but i'm sure one of the others will be able to. :)

Think I've still go one of those somewhere, (green) purchased in the early to mid 1960's

Did stirling work cutting grooves and rebates and a thousand and one other tasks that I bet the manufacture never envisioned in the days before electrical routers, often used it to remove the bulk of the wood before using a router plane to finish rebates.

Use with an electric drill.

Drill held in one hand tool held by handle in the other and passed along the wood having previously set depth and reach of the blade.

Back