Hello UK Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie H

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am very happy to introduce myself to the Uk Workshop members.
My name is Jackie. I have dabbled in various aspects of wood working and DIY over the years and I would not describe myself as a complete novice however I have never really had the time to do what I would have liked to have done. I am retiring from work at the end of the year, and I am excited to be planning to set up my first woodworking (hobbyist) workshop.
My first big project is to build my workshop, this is going to be a 10 x 14' log cabin. I guess this will be somewhat compact, but it is what it is. I have just started on the foundation, and I am going to need the help of some young strong chaps that I know to erect the cabin for me. Thereafter the next project will be to fitout my workshop. I have my thoughts and ideas, but I have so much I want to learn from the advice and expertise of the group so looking forward to engaging on this.
CV
Mostly a life in management after a craft apprenticeship.
Worked in: Coachbuilding, Healthcare, Medical Devices, Sterilisation, Project Management. Anything but woodworking LOL.
I have some design skills and my favourite Goto is Sketchup and I can do basic Cad too, so that will help me when planning my projects.

Please watch out for my future questions and hopefully help me making the best of my workshop set up and future projects.

Jackie

Hello hello, look forwards to seeing the things you make, and the questions you ask.

Hi everybody,
I am very happy to introduce myself to the Uk Workshop members.
My name is Jackie. I have dabbled in various aspects of wood working and DIY over the years and I would not describe myself as a complete novice however I have never really had the time to do what I would have liked to have done. I am retiring from work at the end of the year, and I am excited to be planning to set up my first woodworking (hobbyist) workshop.
My first big project is to build my workshop, this is going to be a 10 x 14' log cabin. I guess this will be somewhat compact, but it is what it is. I have just started on the foundation, and I am going to need the help of some young strong chaps that I know to erect the cabin for me. Thereafter the next project will be to fitout my workshop. I have my thoughts and ideas, but I have so much I want to learn from the advice and expertise of the group so looking forward to engaging on this.
CV
Mostly a life in management after a craft apprenticeship.
Worked in: Coachbuilding, Healthcare, Medical Devices, Sterilisation, Project Management. Anything but woodworking LOL.
I have some design skills and my favourite Goto is Sketchup and I can do basic Cad too, so that will help me when planning my projects.

Please watch out for my future questions and hopefully help me making the best of my workshop set up and future projects.

Jackie

Hi Jackie welcome to to the group I’m sure you’ll find it very useful. (but don’t mention sharpening just yet)🤣

Latest posts

Back