Hello, Ola, Bonjour.............

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splint Eastwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, i've just registered and hope to spend some time on here, as a novice :shock: , so please be gentle with me. The names Bond, I mean Joe :roll: im 49 but look 29 :lol: Bought a old farm house in France and been doing (learning) woodwork for myself so I can do bits and pieces to it myself. I love wood work but have a problem with measurements, so I measure 7 times and cut 3 times :oops: , as I get confused with cm and fathoms. Hope to pick some of your brains and have a laugh at the same time, im only here once and im determined to enjoy it :wink:

I hope this post is in the right section, moderators feel free to relocate it.

Thanks all, now im going to browse all the categories and try and take it all in.

Joe

Welcome to the forum. Everybody here is gentle (well, with a few exceptions, but never mind them). Hope you will be able to post some of you work for us to laug .... sorry, I mean to admire.

My first piece of advice is that if you keep on measuring and cutting, eventually your piece of wood will be just ever so slightly too short for what you need, but it's good practice with the saw, anyway!!

Splint Eastwood":wrqy7vu0 said:
Hi, i've just registered and hope to spend some time on here, as a novice :shock: , so please be gentle with me. The names Bond, I mean Joe :roll: im 49 but look 29 :lol: Bought a old farm house in France and been doing (learning) woodwork for myself so I can do bits and pieces to it myself. I love wood work but have a problem with measurements, so I measure 7 times and cut 3 times :oops: , as I get confused with cm and fathoms. Hope to pick some of your brains and have a laugh at the same time, im only here once and im determined to enjoy it :wink:

I hope this post is in the right section, moderators feel free to relocate it.

Thanks all, now im going to browse all the categories and try and take it all in.

Joe

Welcome, and as you have a 7 to 3 ratio your the right side of 7 to 1. :lol:

maltrout512":7pljx9da said:
Welcome, and as you have a 7 to 3 ratio your the right side of 7 to 1. :lol:

:lol: Thats made me feel better, can walk with my head held high :wink:

Mike, thanks for your welcome 8)
K, thank you too.

We will be comparing scars before too long :D

houtslager":1dp8i1je said:
welcome to the nut house, oh and where in France are you then ?

K

K, im in Normandie near Fallaise. If you google Fallaise Gap, it played a mayjor part in the D-Day landings which lead to one of the biggest surrenders of the Third Reich =D>

Bonjour Joe

I love France, French food, French wine, French way of life, French women (whoops don't tell the wife), and I am not jealous, welcome to UKW.

Je m'appelle

Stew

Latest posts

Back