Hello from Staffordshire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surplus 6

Reaction score
just a quick intro, at the tender age of 50, I've decided to try and learn some wood working skills. Thus far I'd be kind to myself and say I'm a wood butcher at the moment but all that should soon be behind me :wink:
I have been reading up on wood carving and also scroll sawing projects, and today brought myself an early xmas present of a scroll saw off evilbay.
so I'll be asking loads, reading even more and having a laugh along the way hopefully.
off to read the site
Tony

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 793
  • s-l1600..jpg
    s-l1600..jpg
    255 KB · Views: 793
Welcome! :D

I like doing simple intarsia pieces on the scrollsaw, they can be very satisfying.

If you happen to be near Tunstall any time, pop into http://www.hymortimber.co.uk/ - have a word with the guys and they will let you rummage through their offcuts store, where they have a range of different hardwoods in all sorts of sizes and lengths (up to several feet). Very cheap way to find some nice wood if you don't need a lot of a particular type for a project.

Cheers

Gavin

Hi Tony,

welcome to the forum and hope you find lots of interest.
You have found a very worthwhile hobby and will find loads of help on this forum to keep your interest.

A good wood source is Sykes Timber at Atherstone - Carlyon Rd, Atherstone CV9 1JD
Phone: 01827 718951

Malcolm

bucephalus":17570482 said:
Welcome! :D

I like doing simple intarsia pieces on the scrollsaw, they can be very satisfying.

If you happen to be near Tunstall any time, pop into - have a word with the guys and they will let you rummage through their offcuts store, where they have a range of different hardwoods in all sorts of sizes and lengths (up to several feet). Very cheap way to find some nice wood if you don't need a lot of a particular type for a project.

Cheers

Gavin
I do on occasion find myself in that neck of the woods

thanks all for the welcomes
Tony

Latest posts

Back