Hello from Galway

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nimco123

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am Antoine, located closed to Galway in Ireland.
I have been owning a scroll saw since 2009. I have used it at the beginning to help in building model plane when I lived in France. But since 2015, I have been moving from house to house with no room for DIY activities.
I finally moved in a place where my wife and I decided to create a creativity room where I have installed
  1. My 2 3D printers
  2. All my tools
  3. My airbrushes
  4. My "old" Feider-Feidwood F405SC3F scoll saw I bought in 2009.
I decided to re-learn how to use the scroll saw and started to buy new blades (HEGNER, OLSON, and PEGAS) and a book. I will probably look at upgrading to a better saw in next weeks/months, but I want to find an used scroll saw of a good brand and those aren't easy to find in Ireland.

Nimco123

Welcome. You won't go wrong with a Hegner which can be bought online. I'd get some dust extraction as well. Sawdust and electronics don't mix very well.

Welcome. You won't go wrong with a Hegner which can be bought online. I'd get some dust extraction as well. Sawdust and electronics don't mix very well.
Yes, I want to buy it used as I will not use it extensively, and they aren't easy to find.
One question, my current saw has a speed variator, is that something I can do good work without?

Yes, I want to buy it used as I will not use it extensively, and they aren't easy to find.
One question, my current saw has a speed variator, is that something I can do good work without?
I have a Hegner variable speed and it's a very useful feature. For very thin materials like ply you will want to slow down the feed rate. Likewise if cutting metals you don't want a lot of heat buildup so turning the speed down is essential.
If you want to stick to second hand saws I'd say e#bay is your friend.

Hello All,
I am Antoine, located closed to Galway in Ireland.
I have been owning a scroll saw since 2009. I have used it at the beginning to help in building model plane when I lived in France. But since 2015, I have been moving from house to house with no room for DIY activities.
I finally moved in a place where my wife and I decided to create a creativity room where I have installed
  1. My 2 3D printers
  2. All my tools
  3. My airbrushes
  4. My "old" Feider-Feidwood F405SC3F scoll saw I bought in 2009.
I decided to re-learn how to use the scroll saw and started to buy new blades (HEGNER, OLSON, and PEGAS) and a book. I will probably look at upgrading to a better saw in next weeks/months, but I want to find an used scroll saw of a good brand and those aren't easy to find in Ireland.

Nimco123
Welcome, Antoine. I'm new too. I recently sold (almost gave away) an 18 inch Clarke Scroll saw. Heavy cast iron model around the same vintage as yours - just had no use for it and it was taking up space

Back