Hello all

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickasapike

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, new chap here, I'm in the process of setting up a little workshop to re-invigorate my daughter's flat, I've mainly been watching youtube videos to learn some techniques etc, but have bene hankering to find a forum I can call home.

When searching for info on making a custom riving knife I found myself here, so I've joined up.

So, err, hello all :)

hi and welcome. I'm sure you'll find our online shed a good place to while away your tim. They are a good bunch overall and are happy to help, there's plenty of good info buried in the threads from over the years. Never be afraid to ask a question , you'll get several answers and for the most part all are valid depending on how you work wood. So have at it .... :)

Hullo and welcome. Over time I've been a member of several different Forums, and almost without exception, the people here are the friendliest and most helpful bunch you could ever wish to come across.

As 'e above said, have at it mate.

AES

Thanks all, I've just finished converting a 12sqm summerhouse from a spacious office into a crammed workshop, and now starting to dare to work on things not 'just for the shop', i.e. that actually have to be just this size, fit *RIGHT THERE* and look nice into the bargain, darn... there must be another jig I might need sometime... hmm, now there's a better way i could stow that vac tube... !!

Bathroom first, I bit the bullet today so there's a bath full of musty wallpaper that will be joined by a sh*tload of old grouting when my new toy arrives tomorrow - the game is afoot, my next shower could be some time away :)

I just came across the forum rules, darn, no religion or politics allowed, pfff, how am i to sneak in my Randian scientology lesbian agenda ?!?! - so much for free speech :p ;)

Droogs":1no4vxzl said:
WRONG, as the smaller the thing the faster I drop it on the floor
...and the larger things invariably meet a foot along the way, slowing their passage in inverse proportion to the product of their sharpness and mass :)

I’m just a noob here... but welcome indeed!

Anyone who knows of Ayn Rand and doesn’t dismiss her as a bunch of old Aristotle but looks more to eudaimonia gets my (probably ignored!) vote!

Back