Hegner blade setting on late 1990s saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Clarke

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to adjust the blade on a Hegner saw front to back to be square with the table? (Or how should it be set?) Left /right setting is easy with the table, but my blade leans back at the top by a couple of mm.

Hi Roy. On my hegner there are 2 alan bolts that hold the blade clamp housing to the top arm, which are on the underside, these are in slots so when loosened they can be adjusted forward or backwards. If your saw is an old model it might not be the same as mine. I hope this helps.

Thanks Chippygeoff, I will look tomorrow. If they're not slots in the plate, they soon will be, as they have done an engineering change and I just have to upgrade. It's a pity Hegner UK didn't know anything about it.

I also get a knocking/rattle with the saw at higher speeds, but I think I have found it is the motor alignment. The drive plate had a difference between the back and the front of around 1mm from the plane that the drive link swings in, and the knocking was significant at 1100 rpm. I got it down to around 0.5mm and it is higher than 1200 before it starts. I will have another go later to true it up, but it's a tedious exercise so i need to be awake to do it. lol

Thanks hawkinob, I have slotted the clamp carrier, and the blade comes down parallel now so it's an improvement. I downloaded the manual, but I can't find anything about setting the front to back squareness. The safety screw isn't screwed down tight. I tried it to see what happened, but it bends the blade so it was obvious that it was not the thing to do.

Back