Heat resistant board for installing wood burner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARK.B.

Established Member
Reaction score
Some advice needed please on suitable material to provide a heat resistant cladding? to fit to the sides of bench cupboard and end wall of workshop. I would like to retro fit a small woodburner into my workshop, I will have to remove a section of workbench running the full length of the end wall and blank off the ends as the underneath of the bench is fitted with storage cupboards,this would leave a space in the centre for the stove to be fitted. The walls are timber framed with 18mm ply covering and the bench ends will also be ply covered. I know there must be space between the stove and any combustable material but i would like to some sort of fire resistant cladding on the wall and bench ends as a extra safety measure. Can anyone offer any suggestions (hints and tips ) as to what i can use.

Regards

Mark

I had corrugated steel battened out with some steel box section in my old unit, it was for on oil burner though which got extremely hot so might be slightly overkill for what you need

Don't overlook building regulations.

What you want to do and what the regs demand may not be the same thing.

Additionally, your insurance company needs to be appraised of substantial changes to your premises that may affect risk.

Thank you for the replies,maybe just a little overkill Gaz :)
will look at those boards Marcros.
will double check on the rules and regs Argus,good tip about informing the insurance company.

Back