Has the forum been hacked ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally different layout but appears to be readable to me. To soon to say if it worse or better for me as i have only just seen the new layout.

RogerS":3fsb87gt said:
Somethings gone wrong with the layout. It's hideous. Unreadable. Tried two browsers but both show the same.
Yep, it's the Russians taking advantage of vulnerable Intel CPUs. All your data has been stolen and you now live in Englandigrad.

It could be worse - They looked at my data and threw it back in disgust!!

It's unusable. They have gone down the two-year old approach to web design that everyone seems to be going for these days. Each page has 95% white space, great gaps between the lines. Dreadful font.

Please guys go back to the old layout. This new one is one of the worst that I've seen.

RogerS":lbx2m4zp said:
It's unusable. They have gone down the two-year old approach to web design that everyone seems to be going for these days. Each page has 95% white space, great gaps between the lines. Dreadful font.

Please guys go back to the old layout. This new one is one of the worst that I've seen.

Well, it clearly isn't "unusable" as you are obviously able to continue your rant.

Also I'm no psychology expert but I am pretty sure that the way NOT to convince people to your point of view is to be patronising, over use hyperbole and accuse the people who have clearly spent time and effort to make improvements of being akin to "two year olds"

Brandlin":s6l0qhcs said:
RogerS":s6l0qhcs said:

Well, it clearly isn't "unusable" as you are obviously able to continue your rant.

Also I'm no psychology expert but I am pretty sure that the way NOT to convince people to your point of view is to be patronising, over use hyperbole and accuse the people who have clearly spent time and effort to make improvements of being akin to "two year olds"

Don't be so bloody patronising.

RogerS":1ps7s8yf said:
Brandlin":1ps7s8yf said:
RogerS":1ps7s8yf said:

Don't be so bloody patronising.

Not pleasant is it? (hammer)

happens to lots of forums unfortunately. Probably in 3mths if you persevere you'll wonder what all the fuss was about :) My own theory is that its all about the sponsors. If as a forum owner you are trying to flog advertising space you need to show a "modern and impressive looking" platform and the last version I dont think was that sadly!

PS I hate it as well :)

That's a definite NO from me as well. I don't like it at all.

What was wrong with the old one?

I wonder if the mods are running a book on who does the most whinging about the change? :D :D

I think it's wonderful 8)

Unfortunately, this is the most exciting thing that has happened to me today :|

It's different, it works, it's just fine.

Not keen either. The visual format makes a thread look more like a loose collection of comments as opposed to a connected stream of thoughts.
I find the layout counter-intuitive.

Ooh! I’ve just spotted the dislike button. Is that a wise move?

Let’s try it.

MARMITE!!

It did surprise me I opened the hand tool section and it changed before my eyes.

I guess we will get used to it but its big shock.

Did the mods know?

Pete

Can't say I'm keen on the new look. On the other hand , we have a fabulous resource here free of charge, so shouldn't complain if the powers that be manage to find something that keeps the costs down.

quick ps to my previous - there doesn't seem to be an 'edit' button in this new format, that IS a loss to those of us with dodgy spelling.

Blockplane":2vcim0yc said:
quick ps to my previous - there doesn't seem to be an 'edit' button in this new format, that IS a loss to those of us with dodgy spelling.
Click the button that looks like a cog with a downwards arrow next to it.

Latest posts

Back