Has Mr Grimsdale been banned ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
I assume it was the thread about Tonys mag thing but i only scanned the thread at the early stages as i have been busy . I did see that some members thought the practice was unsafe but as i did'nt see i cant say . Please dont tell me the thread has been pulled to sell mags rather than save fingers :cry:

Thats a shame , if he was banned for getting angry about something unsafe then i do wonder why i post here , however i did not see what happened and would really like to know why someone i have a very high opinion of was banned .

I think it was a personal attack on an individual.

But, yes a damn shame, things written in a forum are difficult to judge, as I said before, you can't see the writers face and you can't hear the writers tone of voice, so you can't tell if it's a bit tongue in cheek, lets hope he returns soon.

Martin

Shhhhh, certain things should not be talked about...... not here anyway.... meet me under the clocktower grey sqirrel, make sure you are carrying a newspaper and a red rose, with the passwords "lovely day, have you seen Brad Naylor" :lol:

Yeah , i saw him on the London underground begging for a cup of tea :lol:

I have just read some of the previous posts and now realise that Mr Grim really has been banned. :shock:
I really don't understand what moderaters want the members to post about.
If it wasn't for the likes of Grim this forum would just be a backslapping old boys club, with members showing of their latest aquisitions - "gloat heres my No63 curly wurly rebate whatsit"
Mr Grim may have posted without much thought sometimes and yes he's blunt and to the point but at least his posts created discussion, usually Mr Grim made threads run to 4 or 5 pages of interesting reading rather than one page of "me to", "yes I agree"
As for banning Mr Grim, it seems the mods are a bit like kids in a football match, if they don't like the score, best take the football home.

JFC":2dt4aq6o said:
Please dont tell me the thread has been pulled to sell mags rather than save fingers
No the thread wasn't pulled because of that. Unfortunately as the thread was so large it was quicker and easier to remove the whole thing. I don't want to break my own rules so can't discuss the ban or the moderators actions on the public forum.

senior":2dt4aq6o said:
Shhhhh, certain things should not be talked about...... not here anyway....
Yes you're quite correct. We only have a few rules on the forum but as rule 8 clearly states "Warnings and bans are not to be discussed on the forum. "

I won't close or delete this thread yet but do ask that before replying you re-read the forum rules first. Please feel free to contact me off the forum by email or PM...

Charley":1ta5dqp9 said:
I won't close or delete this thread yet but do ask that before replying you re-read the forum rules first. Please feel free to contact me off the forum by email or PM...

Yep have read them, by the way rule 5 is still in the list. Shouldn't it have been ammended by now, something along the lines of "except when it suits"

At the risk of getting banned myself, of which I couldn't really care less, I assume Jacob was banned for making accusations without foundation in that thread and I defended my position as part of it, my position being one of those he was attacking.
Why he got banned or the thread removed is down to the moderators, Newbie Neil I think.
I have already asked why the thread was removed and the posting from Neil states it will be edited and reposted. This is a complete wste of time in my eyes, it doesn't give any other reader an opportunity to form an opinion based on half a story.
Incidentally, I agreed with that posting - I thought the pictures we published were the most dangerous we have ever done, and made that clear on that thread, I've also informed my Editor about my concerns as well. I'm not prepared to dscuss it further, I know its dangerous, I know we shouldn't have published it, but we have.
I rejoined the forum to defend a slur against myself and others, and have been attacked since, again without foundation.

I have offered advice freely and honestly over the years, both through the forum, and off line, but now I seem to defending myself or my magazine from unsubstantiated accusations more regularly.

Andy

admin edit

Passions are running high!

It's only natural that so many people should feel passionately about both this forum and woodwork but if we allow our emotions to to overwhelm us, we're going to make posts which will be of little benefit to anyone. I'm rarely able to remember who 'won' a particular online spat but I can usually recall if a member's posts are worth reading. Generally speaking, I just skim through the posts of members who persistently make derogatory contributions. Sadly, this means that even if they're saying something worthwhile, I won't notice it. On the other hand, there are members who consistently make informative posts which are an educational delight. These are the posts that I really visit the forum to read.

I would like to think that everyone who makes a post here believes they are contributing positively to our woodworking heritage. Unfortunately, some of the posts lead me to believe that it's got more to do with egos than woodwork. I'm saddened by the amount of vitriol that's been flying around the forum lately, no matter where it emanates. We could all do without it.

Gill

Hi Andy , like i said i did not see what happened and have not seen the mag so please do'nt think i was attacking you . I hold your opinions as i do Jacobs in very high regard . I have met you a few times at the D and M trade show and it was yourself that pointed me towards the Xtreme xtention and the Legacy .

andy king":2i19p3jw said:
Now it has become a nest of vipers, full of back stabbersand point scorers.

Andy

Hold your Horses, this indicates that you regard everybody as a viper and backstabber, no wonder you got attacked.

A learner and a contributer.

Martin

I suggest everyone goes off and reads the book Emotional Intelligence. That, for the record, is not a derogatory remark, it's merely a very good read and one that may help keep things in perspective (both here and in life generally).

Hi Martin,

I apologise if you feel it indicates everyone on the forum, it was't meant to, but having to constantly justify my part in the woodworking world when postings are made without foundation does get tiresome, and it was aimed squarely at those people, and they know who they are.

Andy

I think that if everyone remembered that this is a site primarily for adults, and as such the members should be able to take critisicm without getting stroppy then maybe there wouldn't be so many threads which end in being locked and someone banned. In the real world you have to accept things as they are, and personally I read Mr Grims posts and I couldn't find anything wrong with it except that it wasn't exactly full of praise... :roll:

Perhaps if this forum wasn't expected to be a back-slapping, (nice one senior :wink:) group-hug kind of place and more a place for woodworkers to share experience/advice and offer genuine comments then there wouldn't appear to be so much negativity. It's the banning/threats of banning/random post removals and people getting their knickers in a twist because someone didn't like something they said that make this forum seem like a far less friendly place.

davy_owen_88":hg44fbnw said:
It's the banning/threats of banning/random post removals and people getting their knickers in a twist because someone didn't like something they said that make this forum seem like a far less friendly place.

If you haven't had a warning yet ... it's on its way!

Back