Has Mr Grimsdale been banned ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MikeW":1hxpz4lv said:
You have my respect for what it is you do professionally, as does each person here--even Jake.

Yeah, you just about have my respect for your slightly poxy saws too - your sons are fine makers. : P

Jake":2sn58qis said:
MikeW":2sn58qis said:
You have my respect for what it is you do professionally, as does each person here--even Jake.

Yeah, you just about have my respect for your slightly poxy saws too - your sons are fine makers. : P
Hah...I didn't mean you! At least in the sense of comparing the passions and manner of discourse Mr. G engages in...I meant the other Jake (Appricotripper) who was given the boot and didn't come back (I think). At least I haven't seen his posts here of late.

The boys do a great job, don't they? You should try working with them 6-7 days a week. It makes the forum look like nursery school.

Take care, Mike

MikeW":3g85sy77 said:
I meant the other Jake (Appricotripper) who was given the boot and didn't come back

A great loss to the forum. But I'm pleased to say he's still churning out great stuff elsewhere. A very inspirational bloke :wink:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Hi Mike

MikeW":2xtdgqos said:
..I meant the other Jake (Appricotripper) who was given the boot and didn't come back

It was his own decision to leave and he asked for all of his posts to be deleted.

Cheers,
Neil

Apologies JFC,
as Roger said "the topic was raised..." refered to the original post, that got Jacob banned, not your thread here...

should have probably made it more clearer :oops:

but would like to reiterate " if we are not allowed our own opinion rightly or wrongly , it ceases to be a discussion"

Hi Neil

NeilO":jdwo7k2w said:
...but would like to reiterate " if we are not allowed our own opinion rightly or wrongly , it ceases to be a discussion"

There is no problem with having opinions. The problem is when personal attacks take place in posts.

Some members have even gone as far as registering as another member, then attacking their original persona to further their cause.

Cheers,
Neil

I have been subjected to personal attacks by a few of this forum.

They made up a series of cheap acusations from their imagination which could not be sustained by the facts.

My response was to simply wait to see if the mods would react. They did not.

I then chose to ignore these people and stayed quiet for two months to let my anger subside. So more shop time but no posts of my work here as trust of others to be impartial and fair(ish) has been eroded.

I now simply ignore these people and their insidious visiousness they are not worth my time or effort.

I hope this forum can get back on track and concentrate on woodwork, skill, transfer of knowledge from pro to amateur.

best regards
Alan

Dear Alan

I am very sorry that this has been your experience.

If you, or anyone else, experiences this type of thing please send a pm to one of the mods.

Best regards,
Neil

Alan,

I now simply ignore these people and their insidious visiousness they are not worth my time or effort.

Well done Alan. If we can all do the same, then may be they will get fed up and go elsewhere. Then we can get back to the great forum it used to be.

Cheers

Mike

Alan,

I hope I wasn't one of the people that has upset you, I can't remember if I did or not. I've been involved in a few heated debates on this forum - usually with Mr G. (And my bad choice of words with regards to a tradesman thread). But i've been going out of my way recently not to get involved in anymore of those types of threads, so I thought I would take this oppurtunity to apologise to anyone that I might have offended in some of the heated debates.

Mike.C":j9qvhnao said:
Alan,

Well done Alan. If we can all do the same, then may be they will get fed up and go elsewhere. Then we can get back to the great forum it used to be.

Cheers

Mike

Very wise advice.

beech1948":13q1u6js said:
I have been subjected to personal attacks by a few of this forum.

They made up a series of cheap acusations from their imagination which could not be sustained by the facts.

My response was to simply wait to see if the mods would react. They did not.Alan

Alan

Sorry to hear that you felt let down by the moderators. We have to tread a very fine line between upholding the rules and spirit of the forum whilst at the same time trying no to be too heavy handed.
Also, it is been the case that several disruptive members have trodden a fine line which lies close to breaking the rules whilst not actually stepping over said line.

If members do suffer personal attacks, then please heed Neil's advice that a pm to one of the mods is very good course of action to take.

I think, if I recall correctly, one of the problems in the thread Beech is referring to is that one of the mods was, if not joining in with the personal attacks, definitely present and contributing to the general mood of the pack.

Which goes to show that no-one should get self-righteous or convince themselves that they are immune or different and that its all *his* or *their* fault (whoever he or they may be) for "ruining" a forum's atmosphere. People who react and bay for blood are often much worse than the perceived provocateur in the level of personal abuse (you just have just read some Grim threads to see that).

Back