Has ebay been down today ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_P

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought a pretty naff small plane for less for a tenner including postage. Honestly nothing special about it but the iron looked good and then I received this

As I hope you will understand, I will not be completing sales which ended today - as ebayers were not able to access listings. I have been in touch with eBay to express my disappointment and was advised to cancel each transaction, due to their technical difficulties. I will relist this item this evening (access permitting) to end in five days (Friday). I feel this is the fairest option - to give all watchers a chance to bid. Kind regards T

Genuine or reneging on the price ?

Mr_P":3gd1ba2s said:
Just bought a pretty naff small plane for less for a tenner including postage. Honestly nothing special about it but the iron looked good and then I received this

As I hope you will understand, I will not be completing sales which ended today - as ebayers were not able to access listings. I have been in touch with eBay to express my disappointment and was advised to cancel each transaction, due to their technical difficulties. I will relist this item this evening (access permitting) to end in five days (Friday). I feel this is the fairest option - to give all watchers a chance to bid. Kind regards T

Genuine or reneging on the price ?
Genuine.

eBay has been down in many areas at various times for several days. Here, right now, it is very slow.

This is from a few days ago....
eBay’s recent technical issue, and how you’re protected
Sent: 08-Sep-14 09:30

For several hours starting on Wednesday 3 September, some users experienced issues when visiting eBay. We acted quickly when the disruption began shortly before 6pm BST, and the issue was fixed for most users within two hours. Transactional issues were completely resolved for all users by 12:16am BST Thursday 4 September.
This service interruption was the result of a technical issue that occurred during scheduled server maintenance. The personal information of our users was not compromised.
While many users were not affected, we know that any interruption for our users is frustrating. Please know that as a seller with transactions impacted by this issue, we’ll be protecting you as follows:
• You’ll receive a credit for all fees for auction-style listings (except those that sold for a Buy it now price) and any fixed price listings without a sale (except 30-day and Good ‘Til Cancelled listings) that ended between 5:46pm BST on Wednesday, 3 September and 2:20am BST on Thursday, 4 September.

• If the affected listing was a free listing, you can relist it within 7 days for free, even if you’ve used all your regularly allotted free listings.

• Any transaction defects we can identify as resulting from this issue will be automatically removed and will not impact your performance record.
The credits will be applied to your account by 16 September and will be reflected on your next invoice.
We understand that this type of service interruption has an impact on your selling activity. We’re taking steps to prevent this from happening again and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience.
As always, thank you for selling on eBay.
Sincerely,
Steve Boehm
Global Customer Experience

14 September, 2014 | 01:38PM BST

Hello,

Due to a technical issue, some eBay customers may notice a problem with key areas of the eBay site . We’re working to solve this problem and apologise for any inconvenience. Please try to complete your transaction at a later time.

Regards,

The eBay Team

wizard":8tt3xvg1 said:
14 September, 2014 | 01:38PM BST

Hello,

Due to a technical issue, some eBay customers may notice a problem with key areas of the eBay site . We’re working to solve this problem and apologise for any inconvenience. Please try to complete your transaction at a later time.

Regards,

The eBay Team

Yep that was posted hours after many people rang up to complain only to be told there was nothing wrong with ebay uk #-o

Yep, ebay was non-functioning most of today where I am. In this instance sellers were put into a tricky position and I think the chappie is probably being reasonable.

Thanks all, I agreed to the cancellation.

It's been re-listed with a higher carriage price :evil: :evil: :evil:

Latest posts

Back