Has anyone used tongue-tite screws?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all,
Has anyone used tongue-tite screws? ive got a project coming up that they might be quite useful on.

Joe

Yes, about 1 hour ago and not surprising for fitting floorboards. They have a fairly small head and a square drive and screw in very well. I have used them to fit boards that I may want to remove as the CH pipes and some valves are located underneath them. I didn't get any splitting without pilot holes even close to the ends. They also seem to hold well when used through old nail holes. A bit pricey, but barely visibile and seem to hold very well, certainly better than standard screws in my application.

Bean, they do just what it says here:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/85991/Scr ... 3-5-x-45mm

Andy

The square drive screw was developed in Canada some years ago and is infinitely better than Pozi heads, particularly when power driving.
The inventor offered them to the American Ford Motor Company, but Ford wanted control over them and the inventer refused, so Ford opted for Pozi and we've been stuck with them ever since!

Roy.

Back