Has anyone made the PantoRouter ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JakeS":19iyscbf said:
RogerBoyle":19iyscbf said:
The answer is simple
Most don't want to build one as they do not believe that they are capable of the precision that it requires and/or they think it's outside their comfort zone.

I'd be interested in building one just because it's really cool, but I don't know whether I can justify the time and expense it would take in terms of utility it would bring! It's a neat machine, sure, but I'd probably just use it for cutting M&T joints, and I can already do those with a router on a workmate without building a giant frame and pantograph mechanism.

So to me, it's like - I don't know, having a robot arm to fetch me beer. It may be a high-precision beer-fetching device, but it's probably marginally less safe than doing it myself and it would definitely cost a lot more. But I'd still be utterly fascinated to see someone build one from scratch!

Agreed on all points, and well put sir!

BugBear

i think i going to make one off these babys i have far easten ply in the shed/workshop wot size would i need

scott25":7w9jpjkq said:
i think i going to make one off these babys i have far easten ply in the shed/workshop wot size would i need

Not sure exactly but not more than half a sheet if i remember correctly.

Mike

This is more of a reply about Woodgears rather than the original post. I have made the box joint jig, and I have the plans for the band saw and the pantorouter. I need (would like) a band saw so I think that will be next, but I am so fascinated (not sure if that is a word or if it is, whether it is spelt correctly) with the pantorouter, it has just got to be done. I've got an old bosch 500W router that would be ideal, I think.

tsg":3ke66in9 said:
This is more of a reply about Woodgears rather than the original post. I have made the box joint jig, and I have the plans for the band saw and the pantorouter. I need (would like) a band saw so I think that will be next, but I am so fascinated (not sure if that is a word or if it is, whether it is spelt correctly) with the pantorouter, it has just got to be done. I've got an old bosch 500W router that would be ideal, I think.

Do it - you know you want to lol

I look forward to seiing it =D>

mike

I found this topic/thread very interesting, and thanks for the photos and general advice of those who have built one, you are very inspirational =D> =D>
This is in my list of stuff to make, but still setting up my workshop and getting rid of clutter or useful junk as I prefer to call it :roll: :oops:

Back