Has anyone ever asked for/received a discount when making a larger order from WorkshopHeaven?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent £1400 on a lathe and various accessories at Snainton. I could have got free delivery but drove over hoping the fact I was present and taking it away without delivery costs would bag me a bargain/room to negotiate but alas blank looks from the staff. They eventually took pity and offered me £50 worth of blanks. I realised they had no scope for manoeuvre the boss was not present so the price was fixed. I will however, given the opportunity, always haggle. Its unlikely to get more expensive and do it with a smile and if you are able to walk away even better. On this occasion it was very shiny and I had done my research and had my birthday money hidden from the wife.

It's politically incorrect to say such things nowadays. How old are you? Any teeth left? ;-)
53 and what ‘my life partner’ doesn’t know about can’t hurt her, my life partner is very understanding and I’m still faster than she is.

But I had a Jewson monthly account for years, it was where I got sawn 'joinery red' along with other stuff - and still had to ask for a price on every item
Some years ago I phoned up Jewson’s and got a price for some pegs and stakes for setting out. Thirty something pounds. Expensive I thought but it was convenient for me to collect. Called in the next day, placed the order “£96 please sir”. There was then a discussion, who did you speak to, no idea, what exactly was the price, and so on. I ended up paying something like £36.

I have spent a lot of money in builders merchants since then and virtually nothing at Jewson’s. Tried to rip me off once and that is enough.

Latest posts

Back