Hardwood merchant in Devon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodStoat

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently fell out rather badly with my timber merchant - after rejecting the same shaky, warped, undersawn rubbish twice, I found it supplied anyway. Therefore, I'm looking for someone new, ideally in the Devon area - does anyone have any recommendations? I know there are several national suppliers, but I prefer to inspect/choose it in person.

WS, are you anywhere near John Bradford, See my listing.

Not a large wood yard but he may just have what you need, very obliging and certainly a personal service.

I use Atkins and Cripps too. All American hardwoods but prices are competitive. I find them ok apart from the woman who takes the payment, and the occasional grumpy yard blokey.
Cheers
Gidon

Thanks for that - Saltash isn't far away, and Ottery St. Mary is just up the road. I think I'll have a look at them first, and then A&C. I'd better not say who I am in dispute with, as I am about to issue proceedings (it can be frightfully handy to be married to a barrister), and as my recent experience with Record proved, suppliers do haunt these boards in search of negative reviews. Suffice to say it was one of the larger suppliers in a nearby city famed for rioting and slavery.

Back