Hardwood block floor upcycle ideas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mind_the_goat

Established Member
Reaction score
In in a similar vein to a recent post, I have a few square meters of hardwood (teak or similar) block flooring taking up space waiting for to be used for something, best I've really come up with is firewood, but that seems a huge waste of wood.
There's not really enough to sell on for flooring, probably between 10-15 square meters. I did wonder if it would make good pen blanks but unless someone makes quantities that would rival Bic, I can't see that using much.
I don't really have time to glue it up into useful size panels, and then make something useful from them.
Any ideas for simple projects?
Anyone in Dorset want some ?

I just bought some pitch pine for £18 sq/m I only needed 7m for my hallway. If you have 15m at £20 a m then that's a new tool :lol:

MMUK":h4ygbeuu said:
Chess boards? You can buy chess pieces cheap enough.......

Interesting, had a chess board somewhere lower down my future project list, as it happens I also have some pitch pine block too, would it be possible to mix a hardwood and a softwood without disaster when the moisture levels change?

wallace":h4ygbeuu said:
I just bought some pitch pine for £18 sq/m I only needed 7m for my hallway. If you have 15m at £20 a m then that's a new tool :lol:

I have also just taken up a pitch pine floor in the hallway (not my idea). surprised you paid that much, Was yours clean or did it have bitumen stuck to it? I guess I have nothing to loose trying ebay, for both types.

Is it thick enough to be sold as blanks for new tool handles like chisels etc?

The stuff i got was very rough with bituman. I only paid that because it came from my old school. I am going to plane the top and side and the remove the bituman on the bandsaw. The blocks are over 1.5" thick

Latest posts

Back