Guilty unless proved innocent?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Maskery":2mjsi96f said:
I am DELIGHTED if little brats are kept as far away from me as possible on aeroplanes. Or any other form of public transport, for that matter.

I am with Steve on this one - I once had the misfortune to be sat next to a six month old baby on a 12 hour over-night flight, and the baby screamed it's head off for 11 1/2 hours. (It only stopped yelling when it was being fed!).

I honestly thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown! I think it was just as well for all concerned that the cutlery supplied with the in-flight pigswill (sorry meal) was made of plastic!!!! :shock: :shock: I don't normally mind flying, but that nearly put me off it for life!

Although I don't like being labelled a potential threat to children, if this is the price I have to pay for not being allowed to sit next to them on aeroplanes, then so be it! :D

Taffy

Taffy Turner":y2wmgr4x said:
I am with Steve on this one - I once had the misfortune to be sat next to a six month old baby on a 12 hour over-night flight, and the baby screamed it's head off for 11 1/2 hours. (It only stopped yelling when it was being fed!).

Yup - I'm with you on this as well. Quite why parents feel the need to inflict their bawling offspring to others on a long flight is beyond me. I think many get just a little too precious and insist that *their* life isn't going to change just because little johnnie is on the scene. They look on with a stupid smile, as if to say, my isn't he clever....just after he has thrown up all over your business suit. Keep 'em at home until they can at least be reasoned with.

Roger Sinden":2qljf6ly said:
Taffy Turner":2qljf6ly said:

Yup - I'm with you on this as well. Quite why parents feel the need to inflict their bawling offspring to others on a long flight is beyond me. I think many get just a little too precious and insist that *their* life isn't going to change just because little johnnie is on the scene. They look on with a stupid smile, as if to say, my isn't he clever....just after he has thrown up all over your business suit. Keep 'em at home until they can at least be reasoned with.

Whoaaa, now!!! :shock: :shock:

Perhaps the parents of 'little johnnie,' were not travelling for the purpose of showing that their 'life isn't going to change.' Perhaps they're travelling to visit family. Would you suggest 'little johnnie' shouldn't visit his grandparents until he can be reasoned with?

Last summer we travelled to Missouri with our four well-behaved kids. It was a couple of fifty-somethings who wouldn't behave on that flight. :shock: :shock: They laughed loudly all through the night, watching their comedy DVD's, despite being told off by a number of fellow passengers and a steward. Maybe they should have been left at home until they can be reasoned with:?:

Brad

:D Roger, I'm not going to ask what you were searching for to find that! however.... I would suggest it was done as follows:

The use of a flesh coloured bag or scrap of cloth stuck to the palm of one hand (almost certainly her left) so that the red hanky can be tucked between palm and cloth to make it 'disappear'. The clue (to me anyway) is the fact that whenever it disappears her hands are always waggling - they are never still and you never see the palm clearly. Why the left hand - it always seems to reappear as if pulled from the left into the right. The rest is simply distraction - were you concentrating on her hand? :wink:

Steve.

StevieB":2vl1tfni said:
:D Roger, I'm not going to ask what you were searching for to find that! however.... I would suggest it was done as follows:

The use of a flesh coloured bag or scrap of cloth stuck to the palm of one hand (almost certainly her left) so that the red hanky can be tucked between palm and cloth to make it 'disappear'. The clue (to me anyway) is the fact that whenever it disappears her hands are always waggling - they are never still and you never see the palm clearly. Why the left hand - it always seems to reappear as if pulled from the left into the right. The rest is simply distraction - were you concentrating on her hand? :wink:

Steve.

My sister sent the link to me ! :D The website for the magician is www.ursulamartinez.com and she comes from sunny Croydon.

StevieB":27y9l73h said:

Steve.

Ahh - right! So there was a red hanky involved? Can't say I noticed! :D

Latest posts

Back