Guide rail deflectors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
I have recently bought a couple of these:

000.49.167P1.JPEG

I have been getting quite bored of my ribbed hose and cables snagging on the edge of the rail or ply and particularly the fact that I seem to spend more time worried about where they are than the cutline - not clever or safe.

You probably only need one but I have a couple of rails that I swap between all the time when sizing panels.

As with all things Festool, these are well made with a thumb screw to tighten a metal bar underneath into the rail slot. At about a tenner a pop, I'm not sure whether this is a bad price or not - certainly it speeds up my work and there is nothing more annoying than having the hose pull out of the saw and throw dust everywhere when it catches. So for me it seems good value.

Downside is that it reduces the amount of overhang available for saw positioning - no prob unless you are using a rail close to the board size. Plus it locates in the slot used by the clamps. In most instances I don't use a clamp but it takes a second maybe to take it off and another to put it back on if you are clamping.

I got mine from Hafele.

Highly recommended if you use the Festool rail system.

Cheers

Tim

Back