Guide bushes for Elu MOF 177 (type 2)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust=manglitter

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my Swiss made 177 for a little while now and it is a very well made machine. I’ve got a project coming up where i need to use a guide bush, but it didn’t come with any when I bought it.

The trend type guide bushes appear to be reasonably priced, but they are made for screw centres of 50mm so they won’t fit my router. I’d rather not get one of those uni bases full of holes, so I’ve been looking for an adapter which fits the holes present on the 177...

29d6f25b358f8afebe96da3c82a4a611.jpg

The best bet I’ve seen is this adapter from Axminster, but they don’t state what the screw spacing is

76b0b8df1e0264ae25d4bfd847c49c1e.jpg

https://www.axminster.co.uk/trend-guide ... t10-951106

I know Axminster do a Leigh adapter (or is it adaptor, I never know which it should be!?), but the Leigh one is the American type of guide bushes which screws on but are all imperial sizes where I prefer metric.

So my question is, does anyone happen to have the trend bushing type adapter pictured above for the dewalt, or anyone have a dewalt DW625EK, and if so are the outer holes the correct size for my router?

I used to have the same router and (it was a while ago) used an adaptor that looked exactly the same as the axminster one with no problems. I think the one I got was a dewalt one from screwfix. It was quite a long time ago though.

Also, not sure if you are aware, trend also make sub bases that arent peppered with holes (like the uni base). I bought one recently for my RP2301 as I had a load of trend guides and the makita has a proprietary system as standard. They are a bit overpriced imo but I'm overall pretty happy with it and the original sub base needed replacing anyway. I tend to use a wealden alignment cone instead of the plastic trend one.
Edit: in case you look into the trend sub base, they are pretty chunky compared to a standard base (around 8mm) so you lose a little depth of cut.

https://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/On ... e_711.html

I had to get out one of my Elu 177's this morning for a quick job, so thought I'd post a picture of it showing the 30mm guide bush that stays pretty much permanently fitted.....

Here you go.

20190207_090541.jpg

Attachments

• 20190207_090541.jpg
    20190207_090541.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 309
Axminster UJK own brand guide bushes fit fine. They fit without any adapter and are secured by two screws straight into the baseplate. V nicely machined too. I have a couple of their bigger bushes to use with a 177E mk2.

So my question is, does anyone happen to have the trend bushing type adapter pictured above for the dewalt, or anyone have a dewalt DW625EK, and if so are the outer holes the correct size for my router?
I use that adapter in my DW625. Outer holes are 75mm spacing. Inner holes are 50mm spacing so you can use all standard guide bushes from a MOF96 or similar

Ian

Back