Grizzly tools in UK?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9fingers

Established Member
Reaction score
Are there any importers of Grizzly tools in the UK?

They will ship to UK but the item I want is only a quarter of their minimum export order value.

TIA

Bob

Alright, Bob, so assuming you're happy to do the conversion from 120V to 230V (motors and switch gear) and you are also happy to undergo the joy of dealing with shipping agents, HMCE, transport companies, etc....... in view of the fact that Grizzly sell predominently Chiwanese machinery of (sometimes) questionable quality (not my description, but an oft expressed opinion on US sites) - which machine(s) are you after?

I've got to admit their prices look good, but when I've added shipping, VAT and electrical work they aren't all that much cheaper than the Chiwanese stuff you can get here - although the range is greater - so what about asking the people like Lyndhurst who are already importing if they can get you what you want?

Scrit

Hi Scrit,

I'm after their tenoning jig.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/h7583

I think it is dual voltage 115/230v - LOL

It is a copy of the Delta one but cheaper still. I now understand that Delta have stopped importing to UK hence the question to see if Grizzly have any UK agents.

It has had some reasonable reviews on Amazon.com

OK the sterling price would be higher but at least they would be shipped in bulk and not at UPS/USPS postage rates.

I made my current tenoning jig from 3/8" aluminium plate all machined up and connected with socket cap screws. It was designed to fit my Kity saw and is too small to fit the Xcaliber I now have. I could make a new one but if I could buy the Grizzly for £50 say ($50 in US) then it would be worthwhile.

The other way might be to import 4 if others here are interested provided they take their share of the carriage/import duty/vat etc.

It has had some reasonable reviews on Amazon.com

Anyone want to bite?

Bob

Get a spindle moulder and keep your remaining 9 fingers, I'd say! :wink:

Latest posts

Back