Great BA Connect fiasco

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Booked on a flight in April to go to Edinburgh for my sisters' wedding. Booked and paid for last August. Then BA sold BA Connect to Flybe.

Sale announced Monday. Complete lack of detailed information resulting in meltdown at BA call centres.

Told today that they don't know what will happen to our booking. We might be offered a refund. We might be rebooked onto a flybe flight (date...who knows. Time...who knows). We might be whistling Dixey for all those prats in BA management know.

Can we cancel our booking? No...only if it is a fully refundable booking. So basically we are stuffed.

Thanks BA. May your share price continue its' terminal decline.

so you dont feel under any pressure roger ????

:whistle: I :whistle: wish :whistle: i :whistle: was :whistle: in :whistle:
dixey :whistle: today :whistle:

sorry mate ,
i couldnt help myself

Hi Roger,

This is typical of modern management, and BA seems to have the cream of the modern management dunderheads :x

Remember the fiasco when they painted all their aircraft in some crude and weird colours and somehow forgot to put the name on :lol: and then latter they decided to just have the word 'British' on which didn't say much about their business. In the last 20 years they must have spent millions on changing the livery, why :?: do they think that people will fly with the carrier that has the most pyschodelic paintwork on their aircraft.

They sold out their low cost airline 'Go' to easyjet, then started another "Connect' and have now sold that. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil: :evil:

In the 80's and 90's I used to fly a lot, and I always tried to avoid flying BA

NickWelford":n85un1jl said:
I would think that you have a contract - threaten them with court action.

You would think so...but if you read the small print then they have get out after get out. OK - we then get into whether or not these small print clauses are fair and reasonable etc etc.

I do belong to Which legal and so may well contact them. Just have to wait and see. It's the lack of any facts on which to base a decision that's annoying. Part of me says to hell with it and just go and buy some seats with another company...and be prepared to lose the money paid to BA.

I've beaten my head against BA before now when they lost my luggage en route to Cabo St Jose in Mexico. It was part of a rewards package run by the company I was with. BA's standard response was 'you can spend $25 a day and then claim it back'. To which my response was 'that will buy me a toothbrush at this hotel...which is miles away from anywhere else. I have the clothes on my back that I travelled in. While they are being dry-cleaned at the hotel, I am quite willing to walk around naked with a sandwich board saying 'BA lost my luggage'. They did give in on that occasion :twisted:

Get yourself booked on another flight/train. Not worth loosing sleep over compared to missing a wedding. Sort out the finances later. You did book by credit card didn't you? [-o<

Adam

Adam":3au412mc said:
You did book by credit card didn't you? [-o<

Adam

I like that one. Will keep that in the back pocket.

EDIT: Bizarrely, the BA website is still letting me go in and change day and time for this flight. There is even an option to 'cancel' the flight....do I dare ? :-k

Update and a warning to others....

we did receive alternative flights for the same day albeit at different times. So far so good.

However, we were nearly refused boarding since flyBE adopt a 'photo-ID' policy. BA (with whom we made the original booking and who also supplied the paperwork relating to the flight) do NOT. So, of course, since BA said nothing to us regarding the need for photoID we didn't have any. We had had no communication from flyBE.

Latest posts

Back