Graver Handle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel Taylor

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a simple project to make a graver handle that can be used with different bits, M4 grub screw, brass extends into the handle to increase stiffness and support. Large handle head to allow pressure to be applied with the palm of the hand.
graver-006.jpg

Lovely work. Was the entire piece turned on a wood lathe or did you use a metal turning lathe for the brass? The chamfer is really neat and better than any results I've attained on my wood lathe.

Lovely work. Was the entire piece turned on a wood lathe or did you use a metal turning lathe for the brass? The chamfer is really neat and better than any results I've attained on my wood lathe.
Thanks. Sadly I don't have a wood lathe at the moment and so turn wood and metal on the metal lathe. The chamfer was just a metal tool angled at 45degrees and moved into the brass, easy on a metal lathe.

That's a lovely piece of work.
As an ignoramus, could I ask what is a graver used for?

A graver is for hand engraving metal, in simplest way like carving metal. However, I made this to allow me to tidy up the etching I had done on the smokebox door for my miniature Burrell traction engine - but I probably need to create a separate thread to share this
door etching v2-02.jpg

Latest posts

Back