Grass Seed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bear

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can advise what type of grass seed I need.

We've just dug out some footings for an extension and the top soil from this I've spread under some large trees in the garden to even out the lumps and bumps and to reduce grab away fees.

I'm no gardener, I'm told the soil is sandy (makes sense we're on sandstone) and the area I need to seed is shady because of the trees.

I'm not looking for a bowling green, just something that will grow in these conditions. I assume seed is sold by weight, in addition to the type of seed I need, if anyones knows the coverage rate I'd be grateful of that info too. Plus if I can buy online even better.

Many thanks

Mark

Under trees, where lots of shade, I doubt you will ever get ';bowling gree' lawn. You need seeds for shady areas and with strong roots. Go to a nurseries and chat with them. They should know the best for you.

important to get the right stuff if you are matching existing. I patched our lawn with seed and the new patches are a different green so lawn is now patchy in colour....

Back