good news

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciscoeuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Spring Woodex
Friday 24 April 2009 to Sunday 26 April 2009
WOODEX returns to the Warwickshire Exhibition Centre for the 16th year.
THE Show for ALL Woodworkers!
The UK's Friendliest Woodworking Show

This is THE show for anyone who works with wood at all levels - woodturners, woodworkers, carpenters and marquetry enthusiasts. A real opportunity to see how it's done and talk to the experts.

just found this

hope this helps

Bit far for me to go.
Last show I went to was the D & M toolshow in November. Like you I was disappointed in that show.
The last Alexandra Palace show I went to was also disappointing and I said at the time I would probably not go again.
As that was several years ago I just might go to this one in february to see if it has changed, if not I'll not bother again.

John. B

John. B":3nynku7a said:
Last show I went to was the D & M toolshow in November. Like you I was disappointed in that show.
The last Alexandra Palace show I went to was also disappointing and I said at the time I would probably not go again.

John. B

Last ever show I went to was Axminsters :lol: How long ago was that then? :lol:

Haven't missed a show at Ally Pally for about eighteen years, it is not always exciting, and having been so often there are so many things repeated, but, one can always find somthing new and of interest, and it does keep you up with all the new stuff, and makes a jolly good day out.

Derek.

Lord Nibbo":1jrnzhji said:
John. B":1jrnzhji said:

John. B

Last ever show I went to was Axminsters :lol: How long ago was that then? :lol:

and even that was a bit a haul LN...if you must live in the wilderness beyond the Tamar Bridge :lol: - Rob

Derek Willis.":2q21zzmr said:
Haven't missed a show at Ally Pally for about eighteen years, it is not always exciting, and having been so often there are so many things repeated, but, one can always find somthing new and of interest, and it does keep you up with all the new stuff, and makes a jolly good day out.

Derek.

If the advertising of the Ally Pally is to be believed with, with drag races, university challenge, ticket deals, workshops, demonstrations & master classes from the editorial staff & contributors of the Woodworker & Good Woodworking, if it all comes to fruition it can`t fail to be better than last year.

I quite enjoyed Ally Pally last year, I guess it depends on what you're after. I got everything I went for and watched some really good demonstrations.

Having said that no show is going to beat the CHT ones.

Ally Pally 2yrs ago was good. Last 2 waned a little. This one sounds promising I'll certainly be going.

is the festival of wood on at westonbirt again this year ? - if it is i'll defintely go , especially as is it only just down the road now

big soft moose":2j7i6ahv said:
is the festival of wood on at westonbirt again this year ? - if it is i'll defintely go , especially as is it only just down the road now

Yes tis on again but not sure when.

Westonbirt is definitely on - the dates are 28-31st of August.
Got my tent all packed ready to go.......

Other shows not to miss are the "Hand Tool Event" at West Dean College (6-7 June) and a new one at Cressing Temple, Essex on the 19-20th September.

Cheers
Philly :D

Philly":3s9mhphi said:

Other shows not to miss are the "Hand Tool Event" at West Dean College (6-7 June) and a new one at Cressing Temple, Essex on the 19-20th September.

Cheers

Gulp!!...probably on holiday for the Cressing Temple event, West Dean looks good at the moment - Rob

Philly":1h2ey162 said:

Cheers

nice one - i'll see you there , but i probably won't camp as its less than an hour from here. That said i might ( if i stand still long enough) get roped in for a polelathe/green wood stool demostration with my mates from APT - if that happens i guess i will be camping after all.

Back