Glueing laminate flooring plank to ply or MDF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mseries

Established Member
Reaction score
I for a jig I need to increase the thickness of a laminate flooring plank. I want to glue it to a piece of ply or MDF. What glue should i use ?

I'm not sure pva will give you a particularly strong bond, laminate flooring usually has a balancing veneer on the reverse side which will not allow the glue to penetrate. It will almost certainly stick but is unlikely to remain stuck for very long given any amount of handling. This may be a desirable feature but if not I would recommend a contact adhesive such as Evo Stick for a more permanent solution.

Richard S":e5af9uit said:
I'm not sure pva will give you a particularly strong bond, laminate flooring usually has a balancing veneer on the reverse side which will not allow the glue to penetrate. It will almost certainly stick but is unlikely to remain stuck for very long given any amount of handling. This may be a desirable feature but if not I would recommend a contact adhesive such as Evo Stick for a more permanent solution.
yes it was the smooth, shiny surface that was putting me off

I used a 2 part epoxy to glue ply to laminate flooring, I scored the surface of the laminate before gluing.

Latest posts

Back