Glue roller to apply glue to edgeband

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 5027

Established Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to apply glue to edgebanding and would prefer to use a tool that has a small hopper that supplies the glue to a roller and then onto the ABS/PVS edgebanding. Anyone got any suggestions where I can get such a beast - rather than apply with brush / scraper...

Alas, I don't have an expensive edgeband tool but want PVC/ABS finish.

Work will be finished with trimmer...

Paul.

What glue are you going to be using, this stuff is usually done with a heated glue pot.

Pizzi and lamello make pumped glue applicators but they are for PVA consistancy adhesives

Jason

Hot-melt type glue needs to be applied very quickly, you've got about a second at most before it cools down too far to stick properly, keep the heat up for too long and you'll melt the edgeband strip :oops: too aggressive and you can even set fire to it.

If you're not rolling and applying in one motion, you're better off using contact adhesive (neoprene) or PVA.

We use neoprene and brush it on for certain pieces that the machines can't handle, works well enough as the brushing is by far the quickest part of the whole operation.

how much work have you got to do? If its a small amount axminster sell a glue bottle with a roller, about a tenner i think? For larger jobs I'd consider investing into a veneering glue roller, i think you can pick these up for about £100, these are suitable for pva, and urea formaldahyte glues

Squirt glue onto as piece of PVC sheet and pick it up onto a wallpaper seam roller - apply to wood. Efficient, very little squeeze out and maximum control!

Latest posts

Back