Glaswegian Nicknames - Do you recognise anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toysandboats

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope you enjoy these - some are really clever!

*Two Soups* - his real name is Campbell Baxter.

*Norrie Two Bonnets* - the Glasgow taxi-driver who wears a wig under his cloth cap.

*The Colostomy* - the girlfriend of a married man (i.e. the wee bag on the side).

*The Boomerang Kid* - whenever anyone at work asks a question, he always replies: 'I'll get back to you on that. '

*The Parachute* - lets everyone down at the last minute.

*Vaseline* - his real name is Willie Burns.

*Rembrandt* - loves saying to colleagues: 'Let me put you in the picture...'

*Bo Derek* - a chap called Derek with terrible body odour.

*The Genie* - magically appears whenever anyone opens a bottle.

*Dulux* - his pals reckon he's only got one coat.

*Soapy* - washes his hands of any problems that crop up..

*The Yeti* - always on the sick. Many unconfirmed sightings of this guy,but nobody can prove he actually exists.

*The Gas Man* - he's serviced loads of old boilers.

*The Hostage* - when anyone asks for help he always replies: 'Sorry, my hands are tied.'

*The Olympic Flame* - He never goes out

David

absolute Gems :D

I can fit people to them and they aint Scottish lol :D :D :D

My boss used to say to me "If it happens again let me know ".....it used to regularly , and i would tell him and he would come back with the same reply .........i gave up telling him because it was a waste of time ...if you could fit one of your nicknames to that i would appreciate it thanks =D>

Dave

=D> =D> =D>

A great way to start the day - I like that and have pinched it to post elsewhere I'm afraid!!

Great stuff toysandboats, thanks.

Can I add one more from the workplace place (but Switzerland, not Glasgow)?

"Teflon" - a rather unpopular "manager" who always made sure that no matter whatever tasks or projects he was tasked with he always "managed" to make sure they just slid off his back absolutely untouched.

AES

AES":2og73vbp said:
Great stuff toysandboats, thanks.

Can I add one more from the workplace place (but Switzerland, not Glasgow)?

"Teflon" - a rather unpopular "manager" who always made sure that no matter whatever tasks or projects he was tasked with he always "managed" to make sure they just slid off his back absolutely untouched.

That's a variation on the gangster John Gotti - the "Teflon Don"

BugBear

I'm Glaswegian and in the workplace coming up with nicknames for people (9 times out of 10 behind their back) is an artform.

Worked with the following over the years

Kit Kat - He had 4 fingers on one hand
Zoom - as he was the slowest guy on the planet

Jabba and C3P0 - 2 guys who kicked about all the time together. One was really small and fat and the other was a tall skinny guy who was really anal about things and overly politely spoken.

Heid (as in head, pronounced heed) as he was always angry and upset about something. Statred as angry heid and then just developed to heid.

Gearbox - as he was the mechanic
I'm gonny - as this guy always was telling folk about what he was going to do and never did ANY of them. Holidays, cars he was going to buy, hotels to stay in, football matches etc....

Havent got anything to add really but this thread has reminded me of a place I used to work in, mind numbing work and terrible money but a great bunch of people to work with - miss it loads. Of course they had nicknames..

Big Jim - he was
Badger - due to his nocturnal activites
Double D - his initials
Mister dead - looked both like the enfield character and a person near death
Disco del - least likely to be at a disco of any sort

And others, but no nick names for them...

Latest posts

Back