Getting there SLOWLY

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good, but a word of caution if I may.

I read a book a long time ago about the comparative strengths of three different types of construction.

The straw bail method worked well until right at the end when the big bad wolf huffed and puffed and blew it right down. :wink:

Spadge kindly reminds us of

I read a book a long time ago about the comparative strengths of three different types of construction.

The straw bail method worked well until right at the end when the big bad wolf huffed and puffed and blew it right down. Wink

LOL :D

I will gladly let the big bad wolf try it here, with 12 x 12 posts and 10 x 18 beams/truss and purlins :twisted:

I just woke up and read this thread again from the beginning. All that work just wore me out so I'm heading back to bed. ;)

A question before I go, though. How are the tiles attached to the roof. Do they just hook on the wood strips (purlins?) and their weight holds them in place?

Very nice work, there. You'll be snug inside in the winter and cool in the summer.

Looking great HS. Good to see you putting in lots of power sockets. I imagine the straw would be an excellent insulator. Nice, cosy workshop.

Bob

well I am finally getting there, it was time to get some of my machines out of storage, and into the workshop.

[img
workshop114.jpg
[/img]

Got these ones in , unfortunatley, there is no room for the thicknesser or jointer :( ](*,) :-k well I think I sort summint out later, as of now I knackered.

workshop112.jpg

more tools in boxes coming outta storage, and filling my little shop up very quickly :oops: :roll:

Another view from inside

workshop11.jpg

That's all folks

for now :twisted:

The outside walls will be rendered in a Lime render [ if I can find a supplier here in Friesland ] otherwise with a clay render and then whitewashed with old fashioned lime paint.
Then once some more readies are in hand I'm getting some custom made DG windows with roll shutters.
Looking more and more likely in the autumn :( but hey, the roof is going on this week, so what the hell, I can always use plastic sheeting in the time being for windows :D

houtslager":6qsu8c4t said:
The outside walls will be rendered in a Lime render [ if I can find a supplier here in Friesland ] otherwise with a clay render and then whitewashed with old fashioned lime paint.
Then once some more readies are in hand I'm getting some custom made DG windows with roll shutters.
Looking more and more likely in the autumn :( but hey, the roof is going on this week, so what the hell, I can always use plastic sheeting in the time being for windows :D

hey how did you handle the bureacratic system according diy building?
Constructing diy is "blödsinnig" in Germany (read western world).

try the livos dot de site?

Looks very good Houtslager :D

After looking at the photos of when you've moved your tackle in, I'm wondering when you'll be starting work on the NEW extension to the newly built extension. :wink:

Chris.

houtslager":1sinmypp said:
lol good one that - how did you guess :D

sometime next year , when the funds allow.

hey update your wissblog :)

19th of june I have to visit Groningen so I am thinking of driving the extra hour to visit you.
So mow your lawn (google maps shows) :twisted:

kees":3os0t127 said:
houtslager":3os0t127 said:
lol good one that - how did you guess :D

sometime next year , when the funds allow.

hey update your wissblog :)

19th of june I have to visit Groningen so I am thinking of driving the extra hour to visit you.
So mow your lawn (google maps shows) :twisted:

woodbutcher disappeared in the diaspora :-( ???

PING PING

Latest posts

Back