Getting 90 from a SCMS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lardman

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got an erbauer ERB215SE SCMS, bought initially to do site work.

Im having trouble getting it set at and maintaining 90 on it, something that is more noticeable now Im cutting wider boards and not just chopping the end off some 4x2s, is there a guide, tool or a jig could use to make life a little easier? Without a permanent shop the saw get moved around a lot and the slightest knock set it off.

I am the original 'Mr Cheap and Nasty', so it really pains me to say this, but if you want 90' every time, your fix is to chuck the erbauer and spend some big ££££££££'s.

The bigger the machine, and the longer the slide, the more margin for error. I have 4 machines ranging from rubbish to reasonable (pricewise) and can't rely on any for consistent accurate 90'. The most expensive (10" Axi) has so much slop in the slide it's a joke. I set it with a good 'square', and the cut is way off. The huge 'kick' and the momentum from the very noisy motor seem to hold the miter angle about 1' to the right. When I let go the trigger I can feel it come back again! I now have it set to 89' and let it 'kick' to 90'. It's usable but still inconsistent.

The best machine I have used is a Bosch which cost 3 x the Axi, and performed 10 x better. (Obviously it wasn't mine... shame :roll: )

Sorry.

Roy

I am satisfied with my 90 degree cuts. I alway clamp the timber down firmly, its not good enough just holding against the fence with fingers.

Axminster 10" mitre slide jobbo.

Back