Gaul bladder - Anyone had it out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losos

Established Member
Reaction score
Apparently the gaul bladder is one those organs that are not essential to humans. It provides bile into the stomach to aid digestion, but you can still digest food without it.

SWMBO is having hers removed next week. Just wondering if anyone has had theirs removed. what life is like without it, how long it takes (Both the op & recovery)

She had some terrible pain with gaul stones at Christmas and hates the diet she's on at the moment.

Yep, had my gall bladder out a couple of years ago, thank goodness, the pain was excruitaiting for weeks before the doctor finally diagnosed what the problem was.

Took it out via keyhole surgery, three small 1/2" to 1" incisions, no problems at all, just had to take it easy for a week or two after.

Haven't missed it at all, except the pain is gone ! Carry on as normal afterwards.

Cheers, Paul. :D

Had mine out 30 yrs ago; 'er indoors may be pleased to learn that it makes you a bit less good at digesting fat.....

No keyhole stuff in my day, have scar 8 ins long, good 2 months before any gentle planing possible! Digestion-wise she'll not miss it one bit.

Hi John, Ivan, Paul,
Thanks for your good wishes. They did the op. yesterday (They originally said it was to be today) Anyway, all went well. I think she'll prefer three half inch cuts to one eight inch one :)

She's moaning 'cos they won't let her eat anything for a while :roll: but her real moan is that when she asked if I could bring the doggies in to see her they said NO!!

I'm making a built in bookcase for the study right now, she didn't ask for it but does use the study as much as me so I'm saying it's for her if you get my drift :wink:

Latest posts

Back