Garden Buildings Direct

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve-O

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

First off, apologies if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't quite sure where to put it...

I'm after a new garden shed, just for storage really and I've come across these people and this shed in particular...

http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/ ... ange/23746

It looks quite good and they get some great reviews on their site (not sure if the bad reviews arn't published...) but I was wondering of anyone has any experiences of them or know anyone who has? Both the products and the company.

I've thought about building my own but for the money and size, these seem decent value plus its convenient to just buy a flat pack kit. However, I will probably still build the floor myself.

Stephen

Going from the address - Newark ..... I think it was where I got mine from 5 years ago. I reinforced the floor with 18 mm ply and bought good quality felt but even factoring in those costs it was cheap. Have no complaints.
Like you the time saving was a consideration. The delivery bloke could not have been more helpful.
Tip : put some good quality preservative on the wall whilst it is lying on the floor :mrgreen:
Me and my lad got it up in a day easy

It is a standard cheap shed - they all tend to be made to the same spec of the same materials. I had one from them and it was fine for what it is - if it lasts 5 years then you will be doing well. You can upgrade them by using better felt, or EPDM for the roof and line the walls internally (although the uprights will not be that strong for screwing OSB sheets to) but before long that gets more expensive than building your own. Just watch what comes with it (typically no floor, styrene for the window etc) and how expensive the 'extras' are which could be sourced elsewhere.

I would say these are fine as a bog standard garden shed to keep the lawnmower etc in, but if you want anything like a workshop then you will get much better quality by building your own - especially with regards to the door fitting properly and the window stopping drafts!

Steve

I looked at this some years ago when I needed a 12 x 8 shed. My advice would be to pay a little extra and get one with better quality materials - frame is 75 x 50, sides tongue and groove is 13mm, floor on wood bearers is about 18mm I recall. After 7 years it is still standing, solid and no leaks etc.

I also had it erected on a base I put down. Shed arrived strapped to a flatbed truck. Took three guys about an hour to erect - one "gaffer" and two lads to do all the lifting. You will need help if you want to diy as roof panels would be difficult single handed and even sides are heavy/unwieldy.

Bought from Ebay supplier who no longer advertise but I am sure there are similar.

Good luck

Terry

Thank you all kindly for your advice, it is much appreciated. I will keep you posted on what I decide to do :wink:

Stephen :ho2

Latest posts

Back