Garden bench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pillar drill that you bought looks really handy, what is it?

Its a Sealey , it's a nice little drill but a bit on the small side if I ever decide to do some larger project.The travel is only 50mm.

buck_fast":1fmc5iyz said:
Its a Sealey , it's a nice little drill but a bit on the small side if I ever decide to do some larger project.The travel is only 50mm.
Ah, is it 'just' one of the £90 modern ones? I thought it looked older.

Yes, I think it's more for modelling and small projects.Only cost me £50 on ebay and was new,still in it's box. It done the job I bought it for though,and in time I will be hoping to replace all my tools with better quality.

I finished a garden bench project this summer and from the look of yours I think we might have used the same plan.
It is a plan from Minwax and Thompson's Waterseal.
I used oak and also increased all measurements by 10%, we are tall here in Sweden :).
I also made the arm rests a bit differently, more like traditional English benches I think.
Good luck with your bench, it seems to be getting on fine!
/david

Nice work Davthy.Yes we have used the same plans,I am going to make my arm rests the same as your ones. I have been really busy at work this month and just can't get motivated to finish this project.All I need to do is glue it together and make the arm rests. :cry:

buck_fast":37e2q2bf said:
Nice work Davthy.Yes we have used the same plans,I am going to make my arm rests the same as your ones. I have been really busy at work this month and just can't get motivated to finish this project.All I need to do is glue it together and make the arm rests. :cry:

Can I ask where you got the plans from please ?

thecoder":2s5zvdco said:
buck_fast":2s5zvdco said:

Can I ask where you got the plans from please ?

Try these from above perhaps :idea: http://www.minwax.com/wood-projects/pdf ... -bench.pdf

That looks class Davthy, very nice bench! :D (I also accept your apology)

If you need to find a substitute for sash cramps then cargo straps can be used (as Davthy has), or you can make an overly long bench-hold (think that's the word?, those things you used to use in school when sawing on top of a bench) and make up the distance with a shorter clamp. Terrible explanation I know, but it's been a long day.

Cheers _Dan.

Latest posts

Back