Garage conversion

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dddd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the middle of converting my garage to a workshop and my attention has just turned to the roof, at the moment it's just bare joists so in a bid to make it airtight and warm I'm planning to put isolation between the joist and then cover it in a layer of thick plastic to seal it and hold everything in. However I was just wondering about airgaps from the outside to the isolation.
Currently there is a pretty big open area between the top of the garage wall and the roof 9you can get your hand through it quite easily, I was planning on completely sealing this as well but then I thought it might be best to keep a small airgap in there to let the insolation breath behind the plastic.
Not sure if I've explained this very well but just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience in this area.

Cheers

Neill

Better to leave it open and allow some fresh air in to clear any moisture that does get in there, I'd have thought...

Jim

Back