FYI - 20% off everything in DIY categoryon ebay until 6pm!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks for the tip! Saved some £35 on bits I was trying not to buy... (homer)

I may be being very dense here, but...
How does ebay offer a discount on products that aren't theirs?
And how do they do that on auctions?

Not exactly sure, but i think they take a big hit to get more people to list stuff for sale on ebay, which boosts the fees they get!? In terms of auction listings, I have bought something before on a similar deal but the listing ended and i paid for it before the deal ended, so i think it would have to be an auction that finishes and is paid for before 6pm tonight.

Brandlin":74hdb2mn said:
I may be being very dense here, but...
How does ebay offer a discount on products that aren't theirs?
And how do they do that on auctions?
They take a percentage cut off every sale made from the seller, so it's covered by that. Plus the discount is capped at £75.

It's about increasing the average order value, plus encouraging people to purchase outside of the home and DIY category at the same time

Probably a good job I didn't see this until after 6 lol.
I have used similar deals in the past and got some bargains.

Just bought some cordless batteries and an impact wrench (not woodworking I admit but other work). Was on my list to buy. I'm lucky as I can claim the VAT back which means it costs me 40% less than the selling price. Quite a lot!

Thanks for that. You saved me the best part of 6 quid. Much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Looks like I picked the wrong week to get my ebay account suspended! #-o

Back