20% Off All Festool Products at FFX Via Their Ebay Site

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fezman":9uji62w4 said:
thanks to the OP for the heads up - just saved £100 on a Kapex KS60, plus £50 back from Festool too.

Downside - go to wait 11-15 days for delivery.

My Kapex KS60 has just arrived today. Original ETA was 7th August so well ahead of that as expected.

My thanks too OP, I’d even seen the email from eBay and automatically ignored it. With the £50 cash back taken into account I bought the sander that’s been on my wish list for ages. Man maths says that as I spend several hours a week sanding, the upgrade from my perfectly serviceable makita is justified!

Also (as Festool have been criticised as tightwads), I’m definitely ahead of the game as my sander came with sandpaper! Admittedly it was only 1 sheet!

Well FFX still havnt arranged collection of this dx1000. They've had the details they requested from me since about 2pm on Wednesday and even got another email this morning asking what was going on (ignored).

Frankly ridiculous.

I'm still waiting on an invoice from FFX for my eBay purchase to send to Festool as part of their cashback offer. Did others get a proper invoice (as opposed to a delivery note) with their order?

I got an invoice as a PDF attachment to the "about to be shipped" confirmation email. Maybe check your spam folder?

Nelsun":34srgnkj said:
I'm still waiting on an invoice from FFX for my eBay purchase to send to Festool as part of their cashback offer. Did others get a proper invoice (as opposed to a delivery note) with their order?

My invoice was attached to the about to be shipped email also.

boschboy":1y2zfqqb said:
still far two expencive
Not really. 20% discount knocked 100 of the price. 100 cashback from Festool and flogging my old MIDI extractor for another 200 sees me with a brand new and in warranty CTL24 for 140. And I may well sell the hose it came with (they're 125 new!) so I'd call it a bargain in my case.

Well just got home from a week abroad, and despite ringing, emailing and giving FFX explicit instruction to hold off delivery until tomorrow, they shipped my KS60 whilst I was away. Fortunately (for them!!) my neighbour was around to accept the delivery.

So it's in the garage awaiting un-boxing, but given I've had 3 hours sleep in the last 36, i think it best to leave it until after I've had a bit more sleep.

fezman":3csioldg said:
Well just got home from a week abroad, and despite ringing, emailing and giving FFX explicit instruction to hold off delivery until tomorrow, they shipped my KS60 whilst I was away. Fortunately (for them!!) my neighbour was around to accept the delivery.

So it's in the garage awaiting un-boxing, but given I've had 3 hours sleep in the last 36, i think it best to leave it until after I've had a bit more sleep.
Honestly after my dealings with them trying to get them to arrange a collection, I can totally understand how they were unable to get your message.

They finally arrange for DPD to pick up the DX1000 this morning.

Meanwhile my new DX4000 (built in 1997) is doing splendid work.

Got to say that I have had nothing but good experiences with FFX as a company. Bought plenty from them in the past and all turned up on time and in full. Can’t recommend them highly enough.

I’ve bought a fair bit from ffx over the years and have found their customer service to be pretty good. They haven’t replied to a query I sent a couple of days ago and I suspect that they are just melting under the pressure of this recent Ebay offer (which to be fair was very good). There’s no excuse for poor service but I can sympathise with the melt down. Quite a few years ago my little company was “highly recommended” in a major glossy magazine and our order volume went overnight from “a few” (ie we were pretty much just starting up) to many HUNDREDS of orders a day. We had thousands of orders a week, when we were set up for hundreds. The problem was, this magazine hadn’t thought to tell us (I’m still grateful though!). We were lucky enough that most customers would wait, so got through it somehow (and it may have made the difference between us going bust and surviving at that point). “Beware what you wish for” comes to mind!

TLDR - poor service probably caused by the Ebay offer taking them off guard.

For info, 1st cashback payment from Festool hit my bank account today for Sander I registered on 16th July, so it took approximately 2 weeks to process.

My free battery turned up today (registered on 18th July, so just under 2 weeks). Now I have to decide whether I actually want the battery, or whether I should flog it.

gog64":2um28ksn said:
I’ve bought a fair bit from ffx over the years and have found their customer service to be pretty good. They haven’t replied to a query I sent a couple of days ago and I suspect that they are just melting under the pressure of this recent Ebay offer (which to be fair was very good). There’s no excuse for poor service but I can sympathise with the melt down. Quite a few years ago my little company was “highly recommended” in a major glossy magazine and our order volume went overnight from “a few” (ie we were pretty much just starting up) to many HUNDREDS of orders a day. We had thousands of orders a week, when we were set up for hundreds. The problem was, this magazine hadn’t thought to tell us (I’m still grateful though!). We were lucky enough that most customers would wait, so got through it somehow (and it may have made the difference between us going bust and surviving at that point). “Beware what you wish for” comes to mind!

TLDR - poor service probably caused by the Ebay offer taking them off guard.

I'll be honest. I've used them a couple of time and never had a problem, even used them since. If it were just a bit of lax replies to emails I'd put it down to that ebay campaign hitting them hard which it must have done.

However, this is what my DX1000 looked like when it arrived. Note that the outer box with their tape on arrived unbroken and undamaged. This photo was taken after opening the OUTER box. I hadn't touched that inner box. So the state of the actual DX1000 box must have left them like that. No top of the box, missing packing materials (which turned out to be UNDER the box).

48322140372_a644732dbd_c.jpg

I don't really care how busy you are. That doesn't leave the warehouse if it's being sold as "new".

There were a buch of other problems with it where it had obviously been bounced a couple of different ways and even had a boot print on the back of one of the manuals. All I got in emails was that they only ever send out new stuff. That really is where my frustration has come from. That they didn't then tell me it would be a 2-3 week wait for a replacement until I asked them what was going on, and then it took a further 3-4 days to even arrange the collection just compounded it.

I'll use them again, this is clearly some weird one off. But it's still not good enough.

Back