• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FTAGH FTAGH mitre saw NO BLADE SAFETY GUARD! or bin?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgill

Established Member
Reaction score
I have upgraded my mitre saw and now need to offload my old one.
I'm a little apprehensive to do anything but put this in the bin, but it does work and has served me well for 10+ years of hobbyist use. I hate waste and I thought it may be of some value to someone.
However I need to make it absolutely clear the is NO SAFETY GUARD OVER THE BLADE!! If you take this it is at your own liability and I take NO responsibility for any injuries!
It will need collecting from salisbury-or possibly surrounding area while I'm out and about for work.
Happy to answer any questions.
If its not gone in a couple of weeks I'll take it down to the skip.
Thanks
K
Please forgive the state of the workshop.
20240609_155818.jpg
20240609_155829.jpg
20240609_155841.jpg

It looks exactly like a SIP branded one I bought for £150 about 12 years ago. Being SIP (I think) it might be possible for whoever takes it to source replacement guards? I certainly would not scrap it, that would be a shame.

K

Id take it but will not be down for a while could you deliver to verwood?
Hi, do you know when you will be down again? I'm happy to hold on to if for a bit.

I could get to Verwood but it won't be until Friday 21st at the earliest.

Also FYI it could do with a new blade, and while I've made it work for me the fence is not perfectly straight.

Let me know how you want to proceed.

Don't know if it will add anything to the thread, but there are a lot of aftermarket guards available in this size through a well known auction site for around £20 or so

Hi, do you know when you will be down again? I'm happy to hold on to if for a bit.

I could get to Verwood but it won't be until Friday 21st at the earliest.

Also FYI it could do with a new blade, and while I've made it work for me the fence is not perfectly straight.

Let me know how you want to proceed.
Not for a bit as they are up here for family wedding.

Back